General Area in Carlstadt>Question Details

Lina, Home Buyer in North Ironbound, New...

Hello, we are currently looking to buy a house and we've been looking everywhere. We came across a house we

Asked by Lina, North Ironbound, Newark, NJ Wed Jun 11, 2008

liked in Carlstadt, NJ. Can anybody tell me about this town, schools, community, safety, etc., Any info would be helpful. Thanks!

Answers

3
hi,
Carlstadt is in Bergen county. Close to the highways and the airport. Some nice property there at reasonable prices. Small town of some 6000 people. NJ Monthly ranked the desirability of living in the town as 136th out of 566 towns in the state ( Woodridge right next door ranked 39th. One reason is that the crime rate is somewhat high at 28.1 ( Woodridge is 8.1) Due probably to Rte 17 and the industrial areas in the eastern part of the town Carlstadt shares a high school with Rutherford and it anly ranked 178 out 306 high schools in the state. Would not want to discourage you and I don't know what your price range is but I would prefer Woodridge or Hasbrouck Heights. If I can help drop me an email.
Regards
Lina,

You can check PNJP's website http://www.relocationessentials.com/aff/prunewjersey/tools/e… which will provide you crime stats, school information, community comparisons, etc. You can also check http://www.nj.com/news/bythenumbers/ for crime states, town profiles, school report, etc.

Feel free to contact me - I cover Essex Morris and Passaic Counties.

Gina Chirico, Sales Assoc., Realtor
Prudential New Jersey Properties
973-715-1158 cell
973-239-7700 ext 132
GinaChirico@PruNewJersey.com
Hi , Passaic County is not my market area but you are welcome to research any town in NJ on my web site on homes com.You can obtain free demographics, school information ,etc & even compare it to other towns if you'd like. See link below & good luck with your move