General Area in Sarasota>Question Details

Amy, Home Buyer in Trumbull, CT

Hello, I'm relocating to the Sarasota/Bradenton area - what would be the commute to St Pete or Tampa like?

Asked by Amy, Trumbull, CT Wed Feb 27, 2013

Answers

9
Michael S. Holderness’ answer
The Sarasota/Bradenton are is a great central location to what Florida has to offer. As far as the commute to Tampa, from Bradenton it will be around 45 minutes and from Sarasota it can take up to an hour. There are many beautiful subdivisions looked next to the interstate that will make the commute even shorter. Feel free to contact me directly so that I can set you up on the computer with a search that works best for you. I look forward to hearing from you.

Michael S Holderness
SaraBay Real Estate
941-725-0338
mike@miikeholderness.com
Hello St Pete Commuter's & Amy!

What a nice and scenic drive this is. We traveled from St. Pete today in business traffic and it was a breeze!

Talk about lovely. The Sunshine Bridge. Easy toll structure (got your Sun Pass handy) and nice places to turn off:

1. Plentiful Gas Stops
2. Fabulous Discount Malls
3. Clear signage for food choices

I'm looking forward to more folks taking advantage of the bountiful beaches, neighborhoods yet close to Tampa!

Sandra LaFlamme, Realtor
Coldwell Banker
Sandra@SandraLaFlamme.com
Hi Amy ~ Our FSBO "Artist's Pool Home" is in the University Park Area of North Sarasota, on the border of Sarasota and Manatee counties. As such, we enjoy a Sarasota address and pay taxes to Manatee, which are lower. Only 4 miles from I-75, our commute to St. Pete is about 45 minutes; Tampa is 75 minutes.

Check out our page at: http://www.trulia.com/property/1079460679-4653-Glenbrooke-Te… and watch our video/sideshow at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10i2KYGvHqs. It's fun, peppy and informative.
It would be about 45 minutes to St. Pete and 1 hour to Tampa depending on where you decided to settle. You should try to get as close to I-75 as possible if you are going to make the commute every day. We have a lot of great places to choose from!
Hi there,
I live in Parrish, which is on the north side of the Manatee river, still in Manatee County.
I travel to St Pete and Clearwater, and Tampa airport a lot, sometimes 3 trips a week. It generally takes me 25 minutes to get from River Plantation Community in Parrish to the town center in St. Pete. It takes me 35 minutes to Tampa airport most times during the day. It takes me 1 hour to get to Clearwater beach. And it takes about 45 minutes to get to Tampa downtown.
So if you are working in St. Pete or Tampa and you want to live in Manatee County, Parrish is the place to look for your new residence. I can help with that if you need it. Price ranges vary, many different lot sizes from standard 60x110 in deed restricted communities to small farmsteads to multi acre properties. It is a bedroom suburb still holding onto the rural and quaint feel of country living. Great fishing, good hunting, 25 minutes to Sarasota social amenities and quality entertainment and too many fine restaurants to choose from.
So keep me in mind when you decide to be serious and I am sure i can find you the right place to hang your hat.
Ric Selitto
Charles Rutenberg Realty
941-713-0821
Your commute from Bradenton to Tampa would be around 45 minutes and your commute from Sarasota to Tampa would be an additional 15-20 minutes. There are many communities that are a close proximity to the interstate which will reduce your travel time. Please feel free to visit my website at http://www.mikeholderness.com to view the properties that best meet your criteria. If you would like to talk over the phone please contact me @ 941-725-0338

Michael S. Holderness
SaraBay Real Estate
mike@mikeholderness.com
Hi Amy,

It is a short commute of about 20 - 25 minutes from Bradenton to downtown St Pete. Add another 20 minutes from Sarasota. There are a number of great neighborhoods to choose from in the Sarasota/Bradenton area. Please contact me for help in finding the home best suited for you.

Mark Coon, Broker Associate
The Soda Group
941-685-6895
markcoon1@gmail.com
Hi Amy,

The commute to St. Pete would be a breeze, especially from Manatee. Tampa can be a bit more problematic with traffic tieups on the Howard Franking Bridge during the rush hours. There are many communities with great access to I-75 from Bradenton and Sarasota that would also be within easy distances from our beaches and downtowns and these should be explored.

My best,
Terri

Teresa M. fellows
Broker/Associate
ERA Waterside Realty
941-350-4297
tmf4257@mac.com
Hi Amy:

Lots of people live in Manatee County and commute to Tampa and St. Pete. Usually, the best drive is I-275 to downtown St. Pete and downtown Tampa. Traffic usually isn't too bad but if you have a problem with heights or crossing large bridges, the Sunshine Skyway may present a problem. If not, you get to enjoy some really nice views during your commute. Make sure you get a Sun Pass so you don't have to stop and pay the toll each way.

Areas such as Lakewood Ranch and Heritage Harbour are 30 to 40 minutes to downtown St. Pete. Both of these areas have great schools and lots of amenities, with a nice selection of housing in most price ranges and budgets.

I'd be happy to work with you to find the right home for your needs.

David Barr, Broker Associate
Allison James Homes & Estates
homesinsarasota.blogspot.com
@sarasota_homes