General Area in Houston>Question Details

Ashleigh, Renter in Schenectady County, NY

Hello, I'm looking to see what areas are good to live in out in Houston. We are from NY moving to TX for a year for a job. Please let me know :)

Asked by Ashleigh, Schenectady County, NY Tue Jul 23, 2013

Answers

9
Hey Ashleigh,

I am helping another couple from there. I showed them around Sunday from 10am until 8pm. After looking at several locations in Houston, I was able to help them find the perfect neighborhood! I would love to help you. I have lived in Houston my whole life and have been a realtor for 9 years. Please contact me. My contact information is below. Once we are in contact, I will get some more inforamation from you to help me determine which areas would be a great fit for you based on price range, work location, etc..... I look forward to hearing from you!

Diane Schrakamp
Total Real Estate Services
832-620-6304
dschrakamp@gmail.com
thank you so much! i just wrote you an email. I appreciate it!
Flag Tue Jul 23, 2013

There are many great communities in Houston and the surrounding areas. The Woodlands, Summerwood, River Oaks, Memorial, Pearland, Sugarland, Midtown, Bellaire and Kingwood.

Hope this helps!
Hi Ashleigh, there are many wonderful areas to live in, but I guess it all depends on where your job is situated. Also what type of rental are you looking at, a single family or townhome, size, etc and of course price. Feel free to contact me at gail.levin@kw.com.
No Kids: Mid-Town, Houston Heights, Spring Branch, Memorial Villages, Spring Valley, West U.
Kids: Memorial Villages, Cinco Ranch, Spring Valley.
Web Reference: http://www.DaveRealty.com
Hi Ashleigh,

I would love to help you located your home here in Houston based on your needs and priorities.
Please give me a call 832-518-9288 or email me at mfarah@cbunited.com

Thank you
You will want to keep the commute as short as possible. Your work should be the starting point for the search. The schools will also be a factor if you have children. There are many nice areas all over Houston. You will be able to find a good area with a decent commute time. The current market is very fast. As soon as you can determine when and where you should start looking what is available in the are. Let me know if I can be of assistance. Heather MacKinnon 832-964-5619 RE/MAX Fine Properties hmackinnon@remax.net
Houston is a very diverse city (as-is NYC), and we have vastly different properties/communities to offer. Are you wanting to live very close to the city (the inner loop), or are you wanting more room to spread your legs in the suburbs? If you have kids, schools may be important to you. The location of your job is a factor, and of course the budget plays a big factor. Please feel free to call me directly at 713-890-9108, and we can discuss what area/community/type of property would suit you best. Thank you.

Truly,

Brandon Newton, Master Certified Negotiation Expert

Brandon Newton Real Estate/

Amigos Realty

Cell 713.890.9108

Fax 888.775.8983

If you feel that I have done an outstanding job for you, please

be sure and refer me to you friends and family to make sure

the people you care about are receiving great service as well!
Ashleigh,

There are many great areas of town. There are many factors to consider. Some of the easy ones include commute to work, prices of homes in the area, type of homes (town home VS single family home with yard, old VS new, etc), schools, etc. Then you might start thinking of other things like "do you fly in and out of town frequently and need to be near the airport" or "I like lots of trees" or "I want to be close to a large park".

You will also take into consideration items like crime, flood zones, property taxes, etc. There is a lot to review. My advise would be to speak to an experienced Realtor that has knowledge of all areas of Houston and can best give you tips on where to look. You might want to review some of the areas on my web site http://www.markknowshouston.com/communities.php

If you would like a relocation packet full of information on Houston, send me a note and I will get that in the mail. When the time is right, we can give you a tour of the "Bayou City". Look forward to having you come down!

Mark McNitt
m 832-567-4357
Bernstein Realty, Inc.
Do the City. We are constructed much definitely than New York, but I can find you some of those vintage, warehouse lofts in Downtown. Really, I work the entire Inner Loop. Where will you be working? What do you do on your free time? What type of housing do you require? Please, let me know. I would love to assist you. Have a terrific Tuesday.

----
Joe Cano - Realtor/Locator
(281) 785-5132
joelocator@att.net
Web Reference: http://joelocator.com