treivaj, Renter in San Francisco, CA

Hello, I am going to be moving from Denver, CO and would like to know what area is the most affordable in San Francisco or surrounding area's?

Asked by treivaj, San Francisco, CA Mon Jul 21, 2014

Answers

4
There are many people that are commuters from Sonoma County, north of SF, in towns like Petaluma, Rohnert park and Santa Rosa, with transportation available. Living in the Wine Country means you don't have to get out of the city to enjoy the weekends!!
Sonoma is a great place to live! I spend time up there whenever I can and would definitely recommend it - parts can be expensive, but you can definitely get a great price in many neighborhoods as well!
Flag Thu Aug 21, 2014
If you want to stay in the city, check out areas like the Excelsior, Parkside, Richmond, and the Sunset.

If you're willing to branch out to other parts of the bay area, Alemeda and Oakland are good options. You'll get more bang for your buck further east, but it all depends on how far from SF you'd like to be. If you need any help, I'd be happy to chat more!
How far from San Francisco are you willing to look?
The Bay Area is extremely expensive and 'affordable' is a relative term. Oakland is one of the 'more affordable' areas to consider....