General Area in Philadelphia>Question Details

Alexander Sh…, Real Estate Pro in Philadelphia, PA

Hello Fellow Professionals, Has anyone ever had a client that wanted a second home inspection

Asked by Alexander Shulzhenko, ePro, Philadelphia, PA Mon Apr 2, 2012

"just to make sure" as it is undoubtedly pays no role in
the actual contract. It is a short sale. 1 month into the transaction.

Answers

3
I've had clients want second home inspections numerous times. Sometimes it is because the unit is occupied and they want to confirm everything is still the same (from the first inspection) after the occupants are moved out. Other times times it is simply to get a second opinion. Never hurts and can definitely help in the long run.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 2, 2012
Alexander,
I've had clients choose inspectors that made me want them to get a second inspection from a competent inspector. I have some inspectors I've worked with and have ultimate confidence in and I've seen some real jokers whose reports weren't worth the paper they were printed on.
I think it depends on the quality of the inspection and the clients comfort. As long as they want to spend the money, I would comply but also make certain that they knew the timelines as to whether it would be useful in altering the contract.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 2, 2012
The house is not occupied and i would hate to waste the Client's money. It's only been several weeks since inspection so i honestly do not think it matters + the second inspection will not serve as a negotiating tool since contractually we are passed the date. Both parties know that the house needs work.....
Reinforce that with your clients. They are passed their inspection contingency period. What were the terms that were accepted on the reply?
Flag Tue Apr 3, 2012