General Area in 07030>Question Details

Stevie Sayell, Renter in Outside U.S.

Have been looking at Maplewood to live, looks lovely, can anyone give me any advice with regards to the area? thanks x

Asked by Stevie Sayell, Outside U.S. Wed Jul 3, 2013

Answers

6
My brother and his family live there and love it. Very vibrant community and lots of option.
race riots? really?
funny they didn't make the news....nor are they stopping buyers from jumping on new listings and paying well over asking price.
The Maplewood market is active - hot actually - and homes are selling quickly...hardly doubt local people would be so attracted to a town that has "race riots" - silly comment.
there have been several race riots there over the past years
Hi Stevie

I have grown up in this area, so I know it well, and Maplewood always has, and continues to be a very attractive and popular town.
It's urbane with a cosmopolitan city feel, yet a small town heart.

Walk around the "village" (commercial center of town) and you will see people waving at one another and saying hello - this is a town where most everyone knows their neighbors.

It is an extremely easy commute to Manhattan (hence so many NY'ers move here) via the Mid Town Direct train........37-40 min ride direct into Penn Station.

In close proximity you will also find The Mall at Short Hills with all the well known- 5th Avenue stores..lots of restaurants and boutiques.......park and recreational areas and 2 performing arts centers........
You can be walking along one of NJ's beautiful beaches in under an hour's drive.

Maplewood has a lot to offer, and if you like older, charming-looking homes, it may be the perfect place for you.

If you share your price range I'd be happy to be more specific as to what is currently available.

This is a great option for someone looking for an easy and quick commute into the city.....and have all the conveniences and lifestyle suburbia can offer.

Feel free to reach out to me at my email address below, and please visit my website for links to town information you might find useful

Debbie.Rose@PrudentialNewJersey.com

http://www.DebbieRoseSells.com

Debbie Rose
Prudential NJ Properties
I live there and love the town.
Hi, You can visit http://www.HomeFair.com and click on the city reports section for in-depth crime stats and area demographics. they have a great side by side zip code comparison feature as well.

Chris