General Area in Long Beach>Question Details

Elizabeth Pe…, Renter in Long Beach, CA

HI! I'm relocating from Chicago to Long Beach by next year April/May. Any info on where to look would be great I have lots of questions to ask :)?

Asked by Elizabeth Petruzelli, Long Beach, CA Wed Sep 25, 2013

Answers

18
Hi Elizabeth,
Tom and I are a little late to the party here, you've already received many great responses to choose from. I'm certain any of us would do our best to show you our beloved Long Beach.

Finding the right agent[s] to work with is really important to a successful purchase experience. Assuming we all know our "stuff", I suggest you choose someone whose personality you relate to the most. You and your agent are going to be working closely together for the months it takes to find the right place, write an offer and close escrow. You don't want that much togetherness with an agent that drives you nuts. lol

One thing you might want to consider between now and your target date for your move is start reading the local newspaper online, to get a feel for the community as a whole. The paper is called Long Beach Press-Telegram. There's another new one call the Long Beach Register, which promises to have a great Real Estate section.

Feel free to surf our online listings at http://www.HomeSearch4LongBeach.com.
Tom and Lee Ann
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Sep 25, 2013
Hi Elizabeth,

Congratulations on your decision to move to California!

Are you looking for a condo or a single family home and what is your budget? Depending on these questions, I would be happy to give you more information and answer any questions you might have.

Feel free to contact me directly at (310) 717-1321 or JamieTian@RodeoRE.com with any questions/concerns about the neighborhoods or the moving & home buying process.

Jamie Tian
Rodeo Realty
(310) 717-1321
JamieTian@RodeoRE.com
DRE #01920120
Web Reference: http://www.jamietian.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Sep 25, 2013
Dear Elizabeth,
Welcome to the tepid zone of Long Beach where the average winter temperature (68) is twice that of Chicago (34). So don't pack your snow shovel! You can choose from 50 different real estate districts to cater for your specific needs; and a plethora of outstanding REALTORS to assist you. You would be well advised to select one agent, and have them start sending you information tailored to your requirements. This will enhance your knowledge of the local market by the time you move. I have helped many clients relocate to Long Beach and would be willing to extend a Hand to you too!
Ian Hand
Coldwell Banker Coastal Alliance
562 682 6780
Lic. 01453679
Flag Thu Sep 26, 2013
Hi Elizabeth, I love Long beach and I have a feeling you will too! I was born in Long Beach and have lived here my entire life (with the exception of college) Long Beach offers 50 sq miles of diversity so it's very important to know what you are looking for... If you have any specific questions about LB I am positive I can answer them, (and FYI) the southeast side of LB is my favorite area of LB and is also where I choose to work and live... I also own several apartment building in Long Beach just in case you want to rent before you buy...

http://www.longbeachhomesrealestate.com/
http://kolskyproperties.com/
Have you considered financing? Before you start looking I recommend you get pre-approved with a California lender like myself. I am a lender based out of Southern California and I have done plenty of loans throughout the state. I would be more than willing to speak with you to help you get the loan that you need. Well I hope this helps! If you have any other questions or if you would like a loan, feel free to contact me. Good Luck! Brian Nguyen Sr. Mortgage Banker NMLS # 659743 Phone: 949.667.2887 brian.nguyen@nafinc.com
Robert Santiago (562) 392-8269 Call me for exceptional service!!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 5, 2013
Hi Elizabeth, Long Beach is a great place to live! Close to Los Angeles and a short drive to OC, Newport beach, Laguna, etc. I love it here and live in downtown. Steps from shoreline village, Pine Street. Places to eat, entertainment, etc. Please look me up when you are ready to discuss in more detail. I would be happy to answer all your questions and send you all the information you will need!

Robert Santiago
BRE 01522991
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 5, 2013
Hi Liz, I saw your note on trulia, I'm from Pittsburgh, PA so I had to respond.
Do yourself a big favor, "don't do it". I've lived here for over 40 years and I can't wait to leave. Please believe when I tell you, the people that can leave are leaving. The main reason why they have to stay is usually due to family ties, complacency, or just lack job opportunity elsewhere. I don't blame you for wanting to leave Chicago. The winters can be pretty harsh there. California is really a financial disaster and social experiment gone very ,very wrong. Please do your due diligence before you make this huge mistake and don't drink the real-estate cool-aid. Rich.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 5, 2013
Hi Elizabeth,

Call me, I would be happy to answer all your questions. What are you looking for in a city? Are you married with kids and want good schools? Are you into the City Life - Loft Living (perhaps Downtown)? Like a "beachy" feel - Belmont Shore is one of the top Dog Friendliest places in the State of California.
Do you like old craftsman style bungalows or prefer Modern - simplicity? Condo or Large Lot with home and yard to maintain? Price range can also determine where you would like ~

Long Beach is an amazing city, loads to offer. Can't wait to show you around!

Lesley Harris, Realtor
(562) 673-0943

Cal Tex Properties
LesleySells@gmail.com

BRE#01124037
Elizabeth,
How exciting! Long Beach is a City that people are very Proud of. Not every city has that. As a Long Beach Native, I would be glad to assist you in learning the different areas that this Great City has to offer. Please feel free to call or email me with your questions and we can get started.

Talk to you soon,

Alex Montelongo/Broker
Coldell Banker Star Realty
562-810-7387 Cell
DRE Lic #01456982
alexmontelongo13@yahoo.com
Elizabeth,

Long Beach is a large area, over 500,000 residents. As with any city, we have good areas and not so good areas. Your price range will determine what neighborhoods will be available. Also, what your wants and needs will be next spring. We are a very diversified city, with the beachy feel of Belmont Shore, the urban life of downtown Long Beach, the surburbs of East Long Beach, historical blocks of homes located throughout the city, lots of parks, many very walkable neighborhoods, the list goes on and on. You can start by looking at the types of properties and prices that are currently on the market by going to my website, http://www.NancyCardenaRealtor.com. (It could be a bit of a sticker shock, worked with a couple last week from the northern part of California and they rocked in their shoes a bit when they saw our prices!!) I am also a very strong buyer's agent, please let me know if I can help. See you next spring!
Hello Elizabeth!
Welcome to Long Beach!
Compared to Chicago, LB does not offer such great urbanity. However, the Downtown is very alive, has a Metro line that goes directly to Downtown LA, lots of events... Oh, and the climate year-round is a bit more pleasant than the Windy City.

What questions do you have on your mind? Ask away!
Daniel
Hi Elizabeth,
I am originally from Joliet. I relocated to Long Beach about 7 years ago.
Please feel free to email or call me with your questions, requirements, and/or concerns.
Look forward to hearing from you,

John Schneiter
MAVERICK INVESTMENTS
3633 E. BROADWAY Ste. 100
LONG BEACH, CA 90803
OFFICE: 562-856-9300 ext. 33
Mobile: 562-221-7706
Fax: 562-987-1145
DRE License # 01834404
john@maverickinvestments.com
Hello Elizabeth, How FUN! Long Beach is a GREAT place to live. Lots to see and do and people love living here! Feel free to call / email me...I would be happy to help you.

Julia King
RE/MAX College Park Realty
T: 562.972.5464
E: JuliaKing@REMAX.net
http://www.HomesByJulia.com
License #01181726
You can Search the Multiple Listing Service (MLS) 24/7 here http://www.homesbyjulia.com
Hello Elizabeth,
Give me a call and we can talk about it. 818-731-4095 cell.
Unlike Chicago, our Los Angeles County neighborhoods are not so defined. And that also applies to big cities such as Long Beach.
Hello Elizabeth!

I love Chicago, and Long Beach is very similar with our great neighborhoods, parks, restaurants, sports, theater and music. As a native, it would be my pleasure to answer all your questions and find that perfect home!

Please let me know How I can reach you so we can begin our search!!

All my best,

Christy Di Leo
Coldwell Banker Coastal Alliance
562 370 3228

Christy
Hi Elizabeth,
I've been helping buyers and sellers in the Long Beach area since 1998 and would be happy to help you explore what neighborhoods might work best for you. A lot will depend on what's important to you -- schools, parks, being close to shops/restaurants, etc. -- as well as the type of home and price range you're in. Feel free to check out our website, http://www.ShowMeHome.com, which has info on various neighborhood, or give me a call at 562-896-2456. I've lived in Long Beach since 1996 and it's a great place to live!

Warm regards,

Shannon Jones
562-896-2456
Web Reference: http://www.ShowMeHome.com
I know several great agents with helpful blogs in the Long Beach area you may find helpful. Let me know.
Please call me and I will be happy to answer all your questions

Celeste Jablonsk
Main Street Realtor
BRE #01329685
562 833-4008.