General Area in Las Vegas>Question Details

Jim, Home Owner in Las Vegas, NV

HELP! The county is going to deed my home in 1 mo and tax sale it for only $8000 in back taxes, how can they do that? Isn't that illegal conversion?

Asked by Jim, Las Vegas, NV Thu Apr 18, 2013

What normal person could do that to me without being arrested? What do I do and what is the process to save my home? They keep on adding pen. and int. that is outrageous and I can't catch up! HELP! I am no longer 3 years behind, managed to pay one year but yet they are still moving on this! I am sure there are lots of other people in this same situation coming up in a month, how can they do this in this down economy? HELP!

Answers

10
Hi Jim. I'm a local Las Vegas real estate investor. Yes, I'm one of those guys that usually purchases homes all cash but I'm creative in helping people in trouble like yourself and I'm sure we can work something out. I prefer not to use my regular busienss email on internet posts, too many spammers, so I use the following:

fakemail4spammers@gmail.com

Yes that's a real email address and I receive email there. Send your contact info there and I'll be in touch within a day or two. Best to copy and paste the email to avoid mistyping...seems like you need help quickly.
I highly suggest you talk to your Real Estate Attorney and CPA immediately. Time is of the essence.

Robert Adams
Broker/Salesman
The Adams Team at
Rothwell Gornt Companies
C:702-349-9175
O:702-932-8813
F:702-932-8826
RobertAdams@LVrealestateHELP.com
http://www.LVrealestateHELP.com
Don't waist anytime contact the county and have a lawyer represent you if you want to make you feel more comfortable. But do it the soonest you can. Goodluck.
Jim, I think you need to contact the county and work out a "Payment" schedule with them. Many people are in your straights and I don't think they need more homes foreclosed. If you don't get any satisfaction from the tax authorities, then i would immediately contact an attorney for help. Good luck! Becky
1. Pay your taxes any way you can - family, friends, pay advance, credit cards...
2. Consult your attorney
3. I have a friend who contacted their lender - their lender paid their taxes & added it to their loan.

Is your property located in Las Vegas. They will USUALLY work with you. Also you may want to check for the redemption period. In some cases, once they have foreclosed they allow you a certain amount of time, usually one year to get your property back. The FIRST STEP is going in person and talk to a manager/supervisor about a payment plan.

Nakia Woodson
Wardley Real Estate
702-318-1244
NakiaWoodson@yahoo.com
Your taxes for the property need to be paid in full. Otherwise, they can move forward with the foreclosure for the back taxes. Call them up and work out some sort of payment plan with them instead of just avoiding it. Deal with it. Most of the time, they will work with you.
Unfortunately , they can and will do this . How did you let it get this far without trying to make an arrangement . There is due process and they have to give notice . Surely you've gotten notices from them ? They don't just suddenly post something and give you 1 month . So if the process was skipped then you should be able to do something . Otherwise I would consult an attorney . http://www.lacsn.org/
That is the link to Nevada Legal Aid if you can't afford an attorney .
Web Reference: http://www.lacsn.org/
The county can legally take back your house for unpaid taxes. It is sad but true. Other than contacting an attorney, the only thing you can do to stop the tax sale is to pay the back taxes plus fees.

Can you borrow the money from a relative?
Can you access the equity in your home through a HELOC?
You could get a hard money loan, but that will come with high fees too?

Have you tried going down to the tax office and calmly talking to them? Perhaps they will be willing to work with you. Oh another idea, some loans require that you make escrow deposits. If you have been doing that then your lender has the money for the taxes (which they have failed to pay). Look into your loan payments to make sure you are not already paying it.
Consult with an attorney; if you cannot afford one contact your local Legal Aid Society for a pro attorney, free....