Ahsun Saleem, Home Buyer in New Jersey

Good towns near Monmouth Junction, NJ?

Asked by Ahsun Saleem, New Jersey Thu Jan 8, 2009

Can someone recommend good towns to live in near Monmouth Junction, NJ? I am willing to go as far north as Edison and a bit further south than Monmouth Junction, and I am willing to go a bit east and west between Edison and Monmouth Junction. My only requirement is that I work in NYC, so I have to be near a commuting line (train or bus is fine) and I dont want my commute to NYC to be longer than 1 hr.

Btw, is monmouth junction itself a nice town?

Answers

12
Ahsun: All of them! Towns near Monmouth Junction are Central Jersey towns. A lot of New York City commuters live in them as well as those locally emplyed and, by and large, they're a pretty sophisticated bunch. Don't believe that stuff about not going father south for a NYC commute. The Main Line commuter trains go as far as Trenton and if you count the trip to the station as a fixed problem, you can be as close to the Trenton station in Bucks County, PA as you might be to the New Brunswick station from a town to the west of that city. I joined many Trenton commuters on the train for some time.

More important than how "good" the towns are, is how good the neighborhood is where you might find a house you like. New Jersey is the most densely populated state and almost ANYTHING you want is within easy commuting distance. Nevertheless, convenience to what you yourself want and need and the specific program in the local school system can be very important factors in making a decision.

If you work with a Realtor, many will be able to steer you to good situations for you and you should also be willing to do some investigation on your own, because it's always better to see for yourself what is on offer. Things that I might find not a problem might be more inconvenience than you might like, for example.

Having lived in Central Jersey all my life, I'd recommend it highly and would not willingly leave (and I've had several opportunities to do so.)
And the answers keep coming in..........Nobody bothers to check the date I guess........amazing
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Apr 9, 2011
Hi Ahsun, As someone who lived in " Monmouth Junction for close to 15 years, I can tell you personally its a great town. The school system is great and ranked by New Jersey Monthly in the top 75! The area is close to Route 1 and all shopping, 10 minutes to the town of Princeton, and a easy commute to NYC by train or the Park and Ride on route 130 of Exit 8A. You can find wonderful family neighborhoods in several price catagories. Once you area comfortable with a price range I am confident you can find a home in an area you would be comfortable and happy.
Dana Lewis
Orange Key Realty
732-863-6969
dlewis@orangekeyrealty.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Mar 19, 2011
Dear Ashun

Monmouth Junction is a section of South Brunswick off of the Rt 130 corridor which has access to the Monroe Bus Terminal at Exit 8A of the NJTP which would offer you about an hour 15 min commute to NYC by bus....

It is the farthest south you would want to be as a NYC commuter, so head to North or East Brunswick then to the Edison area to keep your self in the 1 hour window as those towns will give you both bus and train transportation....

Middlesex County has been a NYC Commuter Hub with bus, train and highway availabilty.....

Happy New Year and give me a call if you need assistance..Roy Minieri
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jan 9, 2009
Hi Ashun,

I t depends on what your needs are and where you want to be. Of course, schools vary within different towns. You have South Brunswick, East Brunswick, North Brunswick all are within 10 minutes of Monmouth Junction and have good schools.

I live in East Brunswick. The schools are good and the commute into NYC is 45 -50 minutes by bus.

Now we need to know pricing.. and your specs on what tyope of house you are looking for.

Call or email me for furher details. We can sit down and go over Middlesex County with explanations and details for the towns you aree interested in.

John Sacktig
Broker / Manager
Orange Key Realty
Office: 732-863-6969

Email: JSacktig@orangekeyrealty.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jan 9, 2009
I wouldnt call monmouth junction much of a town as compared to truer towns such as Princeton, Freehold Boro, Cranbury,Pennington Hopewell Boro. For cities Trenton and New Brunswick. West Windsor has top rated schools but no "town" feel though it is also convenient to the train (Princeton Junction station on north east corridor line is in west windsor) These areas are all less than an hr to Penn central. Princeton known best for the university is also well known for it's parking tickets so if you visit consider one of teh garages. Hopewell Boro resembles (in my opinion) Maybury from the Andy Griffith show.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jan 9, 2009
Monmouth Junction is a section in South Brunswick and is a great town. North, South, and East Brunswick all have great schools and are commuter friendly. North Brunswick will be building a NJ transit train so property values should hold well in the area. In order to get into NYC in an hour during commuting hours, you would probably want to look into Edison as it's the northernmost point. The train at Metropark will get you in within 45 minutes but commuting time to Metropark and parking will take another 15. If you have children, I also suggest you do your research on schools. For example, if you did decide Edison, there are two high schools, with one being ranked about 100 schools better above the other. Good luck and feel free to contact me if I can be of further assistance.

Jillian Mason
Direct: 732-586-5488
E-Mail: jillian@jillianmason.com
Web Reference: http://www.jillianmason.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jan 9, 2009
Much could depend on what you are qualified to purchase would govern how a Realtor can assist you

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Loan Officer, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com
Ahsun - since you asked this question over 2 years ago............please tell us - where did you wind up buying a home?
Hi, Ahsun
I do know the second half. M.J. is nice; it's small; It's close to a Post Office, a pick-it-yourself-or-not Farm, a Good library (South Brunswick Library) with a lot of Internet stations; Shop-Right and Stop-and-Shop; CVS, Walgreen's.
South of M.J. is the Princeton Junction train station
Edison, next to Iselin, has the Northeast Corridor line, of NJ Transit.
See about our very good and free ques. and answer site: http://www.QandANJ.com. Neil.
"Please feel free to reach out to us at the earliest."

Well Charan.. considering that this question was posted in January of 2009.. I'm thinking that everybody else would have been contacted a liitle bit earlier !

:)
Dear Mr. Saleem,

We can recommend many suitable options for you. We would like to understand what you mean by "good" towns, based upon which we can narrow down specific areas for you to look into. OUr office is located on Rt 1 in Monmouth Junction, and we work all over MIddlesex, Somerset & Mercer counties. Most of our clients have similar preferences....Contact information is below. Please feel free to reach out to us at the earliest.

Charan Bajwa
(Broker/Owner) RE/MAX ONE
“Providers Of TRUE Value Real Estate Services”
4260 US 1 North, Suite 3,
Monmouth Junction (South Brunswick Twp), NJ 08852
(Between Ridge Rd and Raymond Rd)
Off: (732) 438-0001 Fax: (732) 438-0007
http://www.OneRealEstateNJ.com