General Area in Oakland>Question Details

imastar1984, Renter in Tacoma, WA

Good neighborhoods in Oakland, CA?

Asked by imastar1984, Tacoma, WA Mon Apr 1, 2013

My partner and I are thinking about moving into Oakland. We were wondering what neighborhoods we should be looking at to rent in. We're in our mid twenties, so someplace with an active nightlife would be nice. Safety is also a concern, as I am a small girl and he drives a nice car. Any advice is much appreciated!

Answers

1
Downtown is thriving with new businesses, and there are many new condos/lofts available. Easy access to BART and other public transportation. By the Jack London area, you can also hop on the ferry or Amtrak

You can also look in to the Lake Merritt/Grand Lake area to enjoy the many restaurants, shops, farmer's market, theater

Rockridge, Piedmont Ave -- many choices of restaurants and shops as well as easy access to BART

Or consider Alameda. Believe it or not, we have a lot of things to do here, too. There are excellent reasons to move here.
http://activerain.com/blogsview/1605905/alameda-ca-moving-he…