General Area in New Orleans>Question Details

Urs123, Home Buyer in New Orleans, LA

Good areas to live within 45min commute to Belle Chase, LA

Asked by Urs123, New Orleans, LA Mon Apr 12, 2010

I have a job opportunity in Belle Chasse, LA - what would be good areas to live (good schools, safe)? Would be looking at spending around $500k for a house.

Answers

6
When you say good schools are you talking about public or private? If you are talking about public then you might as well stay in Belle Chase. They have some of the highest ranked Public schools in the state. If you are willing to spend money on private school tuition and you don't mind a commuting your children to and from school you can stay in all of New Orleans, and some parts of Metairie. I would stay away from Kenner. Metairie traffic is nothing to play with. It's going to take you 15 minutes to travel from Belle Chase to the Crescent City Connection. So I really don't see how you can live in Kenner, unless you traveled only when Rush Hour traffic died down. What area are you moving from? Maybe you could find a neighborhood similar to one you are coming from so you can have an easy transition.
With a 1/2 million dollar budget you should a lot of options. Goodluck with your search and welcome to the Crescent City. Who Dat!
Web Reference: http://abrahamwalker.com
My suggestion would be to schedule a location tour. I would be happy to assist you with that. We could pick several of the neighborhoods and take a look at a few house in each and then you would have an better idea of what is available and where you would like to live. New Orleans entire metro area is less than a 45 minute commute to Belle Chase. I have helped several people who are stationed at the Naval Base in Belle Chase find homes in the last few months. I am available to help at anytime. Give me a call at 504-417-0097 and I will be happy to email you a list of available properties that fit your needs. Good Luck!
Actually English Turn is a great place to live that is affordable, very private, many sports for both the young and older parents. (I also lived there for 5 years). BUT there are many really neat places to live in NOLA depending you your wants and needs. I currently live uptown now and there are many benefits to that also. I am a luxury home specialist in NOLA and would happily take you around and show you homes that are in your price range and let you make your decisions! That is the exciting part! Would love it!

Patti Faulder
Keller Williams New Orleans
Full time Realtor, Historic Home Specialist
504.905.7473
A good safe place to live would be English Turn. Most of the homes are priced higher than $500,000, but sometimes there is a home under $500,000. There are some excellent private schools in the New Orleans Area.

Dorian Bennett Sothebys International Realty USA 9443605
Pat Kahn Realtor, licensed in LA ......you can reach me at (504) 450-4506 to see homes in English Turn.
If you are looking for an exclusive golf course community, then look no further than Chateau Estates in Kenner; Old Metairie is also on the same page. I would be happy to assist you, as I specialize in the luxury home market. My website http://www.504LuxuryHomes.com or phone me direct 504-617-0517.
Actually, Belle Chasse is a very high demand area on the West Bank, with some of the highest rated public schools in the area. However, with a 45 minute commute you could live anywhere in New Orleans, Metairie, Kenner, Gretna, Harvey, Marrero. The metro area is geographically not that large, so you have many, many choices, limited only by whether you want to use public or private schools.
Web Reference: http://westbankliving.com