General Area in 44030>Question Details

Angela, Home Buyer in 44030

Good Morning! My husband and I are going to be moving from Pa next year and we are wondering what Conneaut Ohio is like. Can anyone give us an idea?

Asked by Angela, 44030 Sun Nov 1, 2009

Answers

2
Conneaut is small. Everyone knows our name at the post office, the pharmacy, the stores, ect. My kids like the schools and love the fishing. To live right on Lake Erie is awesome. But: there is alot of unemployment and alot of retired individuals so for employment it is not good. The roads need fixed, they keep using the cheapest contractor to fix the roads and a year or 2 later they need repair again. Be prepared to sit and wait at the train tracks often. There are 2 sets of tracks that go right through and divide the city into north and south and sometimes you'll get 2 trains at a time or have to go all the way to one end of town to go under the bridge or go all the way to the other side of town where they finally put up an overpass to get to the south side where the hospital is. It was happening too much and people weren't making it in time.
The city of Conneaut has an assortment of characteristics. The first is the lake front area with marina, beaches, cottages, and a new conservation board walk in the plans. The new school system strives to keep students up to date with alot of community envolvment with private donations to keep activities when funds are reduced in these tough economic times A new library, festivals, and social activities makes Conneaut an active area to live in. The market has given us affordable housing which in time will have a good return. It is a city with a small town feel which has pulled together even with disagreements to make it work. If you like the country, the school district expands with miles of farmland and rural areas also, and we still have bus routes! Come take a look and give me a call, I'd be happy to show you wht is available. MJ

http://www.conneautohio.gov or http://everythingconneautohio.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 1, 2009