General Area in Sunnyvale>Question Details

Ms.elly.cont…, Home Buyer in Santa Clara, CA

Fremont vs Sunnyvale

Asked by Ms.elly.contact, Santa Clara, CA Thu Jun 21, 2012

Hi I am looking for a Single family home. Location and price wise which would appreciate more, fremont or sunnyvale. I am even open to milpitas. But I am geting larger homes in fremont than in sunnyvale.

Answers

9
Are you currently working with someone? I will tell you my secrets if you become my client.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jun 22, 2012
Hi Ms Elly

Thanks for your though full and sharp question.

The answer is simple to your question of Location and Appreciation:

Sunnyvale.

You are comparing Fremont in Alameda County to Sunnyvale in Santa Clara County.

Sunnyvale is quite Central.

Sure you get more for your money, but it is the price you pay for being close to work, being central to silicon valley and being able to commute to North Bay or South Bay.

It comes down to the Quality of Life you want and How much you want to pay.

You may get a big home in fremont but the appreciation is less than Sunnyvale.
Sunnyvale has a thriving down town, companies Like Microsoft, Broadcom, Nokia have moved in.

Commuting up and down from Fremont is grim, who wants to sit in traffic going to Fremont
on 880.

Also when San Andreas has tremble of an 8.0 Earthquake, it wont be funny.

Perry
My website has a buyer link where you can enter several zip codes to compare one area to the next.

Buying a home is much like selecting a spouse. Only you can determine which fits you best. The questions I would ask you, if you were my client, would be is appreciation the most important reason for buying or is the size? The reality is there are so many other factors in the decision for buying a home, that this forum will only give you a generic answer.

If you have not committed to a buyer's agent I offer a free consultation, and from that you will be armed with information to help you.

Have an amazing day!
Web Reference: http://www.terrivellios.com
Ms Elly,
We need a bit more information to give you our honest opinion, like price? are schools important? if so how important? What about commute, is that a factor? If your not already working with a good buyers agent I strongly urge to do so. They can sit down with you and go over the pros and cons of both areas. You are correct in saying you can get a larger home in Fremont or Milpitas for that matter over Sunnyvale, but there is a reason for this so you need to get with a good agent and go over what is most important to you.
Please feel free to contact me.
At your service,
Allyson
408-705-6578
allyson@homesbyallyson.com
Certified Distressed Property Expert
Ms. Elly;

Sounds like you have answered your own question?

Fremont is a great place to live if you work in the east bay.......

However if you just compared the two location at ;
http://www.servingsantaclaracounty.com on the "Market Insider" tab you can compare the two zip codes you are interested in. However keep in mind if you have children Sunnyvale was voted #7 in the country for best places to raise kids. You can find good schools in each location which is the key to re sale value of your home investment.

Sunnyvale is my home, I was born and raised her so YES I am personally going to lean for living in Sunnyvale. I would go with your shortest commute for your own piece of mind and regardless of the city make sure you have great re sale value by investing in the location of the best schools.

You will get more bang for your buck in Fremont but consider this, Compare what values where prior to the 2008 mess. I would contend that homes in Sunnyvale 94086 and 94087 held their value much better than most zip codes in Fremont. Not confirmed just an opinion.

Want to compare the zip codes see:
http://swww.servingsantaclaracounty.com
Go Sunnyvale....Jets!
One rule of thumb in purchasing real estate is Location! This factor is the main contributor towards property appreciation. However, this is also your residence, so purchase a house that you are happy with and love returning to each day. At the same time no point purchasing a large beutiful home if you spend long hours commuting, you will not get to enjoy the house.

Sunnyvale is very centrally located, I would say its the best location amongst your three choices. In Milpitas you will get a bigger home for your money, still good commute. Choose a community you like best, factor in the commute time.

Good luck with your purchase.

Monica Goyal
408-476-0675
Do you have kids? How important are schools?

What price range are you trying to stay within?

Stu Carson
408-209-0849
http://www.JustMyProperties.com
http://www.GetRealRealtor.com
Stu@StuCarson.com
What is important to you? Size of the house? Or Easier commute?
What matters most is that you are happy with your purchase.

Try testing out the Fremont commute during rush hour. Besides your current work place, test the commute from other potential work places for your industry.

Location is most important for appreciation. However, you shouldn't buy a small house in Sunnyvale if you are going to be depressed every time you go home. If you want a big house, then get a big house.

If you can't decide, then Milpitas is a good middle ground. The worst part of the commute to Fremont is near Dixon Landing. Your commute to Milpitas should be significantly easier than your commute to Fremont.
Sunnyvale - it is closer to high-tech activities in the Valley. That is exactly why you can buy a bigger home in Fremont now than in Sunnyvale for the same price...