General Area in Framingham>Question Details

Arkady, Home Buyer in

Framingham locations; Can anyone advise on whether the area around Buttersworth park specifically the Wilson

Asked by Arkady, Sun Nov 18, 2007

This is still south Framingham, but its moving away from new center and seems quieter/peaceful. Can experienced agents care to comment?

Answers

4
It's all infested with druggies now all near Wilson and Clark. I would advise anyone to stay away. Go to Ashland or Holliston for cheaper rentals and better area- safer
Hi Again,
It's difficult to answer your questions without a lot of subjective opinion. I would suggest talking with the Framingham Police Department regarding the level of safety in the neighborhood. Your original comment about the neighborhood being farther away from the downtown area is true. This part of town is in the 01702 zip but is seperated from the more "urban" feel of downtown with the train crossing and all. "Quieter/Peaceful" is a matter of opinion. For an older neighborhood with typically 5000-7500 square foot lots, I would say that the neighborhoods have a nice feel to them. Values typically follow Framingham in general. We haven't escaped the past two years correction but I do believe that as things turn around this particular section of Framingham will also. Good renter's market you ask? It all depends, are you looking to rent or be a landlord? This particular neighborhood tends to rent well.
Bob,

Thanks for the response, but I was seeking for more of an opinion on the area itself. In terms of safety, quality, appreciation. Is this a good place to buy and retain value, good rentor's market? What kind of demographics, etc.

thanks in advance!
Hi, I'm a Realtor in Framingham and have been working the Framingham/Metrowest market for 14 years. I used to live in this neighborhood when I first moved to Framingham 20+ years ago.
In my opinion, this area around Butterworth park offers some very nice "older home" opportunities. The streets crossing from Concord St. to Bishop and Grant tend to be quiet and well taken care of. If you need to get to the Mass Pike in the morning or any points north, this is a great place to be as you don't have to deal with the downtown train crossings. It looks like you may have asked about the Wilson St. townhouses. These are nice and differ from the Bishop Gardens in that you have a direct access to your basement space. Let me know if I can help you out!!

Bob Zakrzewski
508-371-4066