General Area in 90808>Question Details

Goingforgold, Home Buyer in 90808

For a young family neighborhood,College Park East or El Dorado Park Estates? One is in Seal Beach, the other, respectively, is in Long Beach.Thoughts?

Asked by Goingforgold, 90808 Sat Sep 17, 2011

Both neighborhoods seem great. My husband needs the fwy to get to work so they are both close to that. Schools seem similar. Looking for home at about $585k.

Answers

7
I am in Austin for training. However Mariann is is at 4426 Nipomo in Lakewood doing open house this week and has a full map of the area the are all great areas. Big difference will be the builder and original floor plans. When I return Friday come by open house and I would be happy to share with you whatbi know. Even if you are already working with an agent. Stay loyal to them if they are doing there job correctly. And if do not have an agent pick one out and stick with them. And you always to follow me at open house and get a list of active properties for sale FREE of CHARGE and you do not have to give me your contact info either. Only if you choose to.
Web Reference: http://Soldbybrentjames.com
Both are nice neighborhoods with good schools -- Los Al schools for Seal Beach CPE and Newcomb for El Dorado Park Estates. In that price range some other options might be Los Altos or Lakewood Village in Long Beach -- also with very good schools. If you'd like to meet and discuss what you'd be looking at in those or other neighborhoods, feel free to give me a call or shoot me an email. Best of luck with your home search!
Web Reference: http://www.ShowMeHome.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 18, 2011
Another good area to think about would be Cypress just next door to Los Alamitos. I have lived here for 20+ years and the schools are great and so are our neighbors. We are close to the 405, 605 & the 5 so that is why many companies like Minolta, Pacific Care, Bandini, Vans have their companies in our city since access for employees is so good. We have many homes in your price range. We also have Oxford Academy which is an award winning school as is Cypress High School.

Would be happy to provide ay additional information you may need. Good Luck!
Barbara Robbins-Olexa, Broker, e-Pro(R), SRES(R)
L B Brokerage
DRE Lic#797560
bstrealtor@aol.com
714-296-7270
http://www.barbararobbinsolexa.com
Three letters ... C.P.E. :)

Best of luck
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 17, 2011
Another thought, for $585K you may also like the area in Los Alamitos that is by the base, if you google map the area it would be just south of Katella & East of Lexington Ave. There are other parts of Long Beach that are off of Studebaker that would still have easy access to the 605fwy as well.
If you can afford College Park East, it's Seal Beach & in Orange County, kids would go to McGaugh Elem School, Oak or McAuliffe & then the Blue Ribbon school, Los Alamitos HS, I'm a Los Al grad so maybe my opinion is leaning a bit.

El Dorado Park Estates is also nice, the north end is on the boarder with Hawaiian Gardens.

I live in Rossmoor & know both of these areas very well as I grew up in the area. Please email me directly & I can talk to you a bit more freely. I don't look back on this same Trulia thread for answers posted after mine.

EmilyKnell1@yahoo.com
Main Street Realtors
Realtor Since 1996
562-430-3053 c
We just did a search of 3+bedrooms 2+baths in the 90808 are and got a total of 67 homes in you price and below. Without knowing what you're looking for, it would be hard to pick which property would fit your families needs, If you're just looking and not ready to speak with an agent, you are welcome to use our site there you can seach for home just as we do on the MLS or you can give us a call and we'll assist you with you real estated needs.