General Area in 92672>Question Details

Suzanne Hefn…, Real Estate Pro in San Clemente, CA

Fellow Realtors, are you at a loss on the new changes to our CRMLS over to MATRIX new limits on how many emails CLIENTGATEWAY tool is allow to email?

Asked by Suzanne Hefni-Pyle, San Clemente, CA Wed Mar 27, 2013

Answers

5
Hi, her is one facet my agent Gene Wilson presented our MLS Board so far:

1)The spam issue from Matrix is not valid, because since 250 automatic emails are currently allowed with 30,000 realtors. What difference does it make if several hundred realtors have more then 250 automatic emails? Obviously, no diffence.

2. Tempo used to have unlimted automatic emails, and Sandicor (we are members) allows up to 700 clients on their clientgateway, with as many automatic emails per client as you want. Many of my clients have 2-4 searches
3. I have had clients on automatic emails buy a home, and then spam the automatic emails when they no longer wish to receive the emails, instead of opting out, or asking me to delete them. Most people are not IT computer people, and do not know. Obviously, AOL and Yahoo and Gmail and Netzero, etc., would never stop allowing MLS emails.

This is just a small part of what we have been telling them for three weeks or more now we all need to show up next month in April at Board of Directors meeting at Board in OC, I think it is a Wed at 2pm we are paying up the nose and they are taking away from us restraining our trade to a degree .......your thoughts???
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 28, 2013
I wasn't aware of that. However, this may be something that can be changed if enough of us ask. That sure doesn't seem right that there is a limit.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 28, 2013
Suzanne, well stated. Count me in at the next meeting and keep me posted on dates. Unless I am missing a bigger picture here, I don't see what was wrong with the old system/guidelines. They worked fine, they were fairly seamless, and allowed us to operate at maximum efficiency. I too don't like paying up the nose for a service that I have to struggle with, or that doesn't work efficiently for me. It is those exact services that allow me to focus on other areas of R/E, like getting new clients while having that peace of mind that my existing clients are being serviced through those auto-emails while I'm out on the road at listing appointments, or previews.
Awesome, spread the word power to us by numbers........i even contacted the CFO of Corelogic and how a class action lawsuit would cost them so much time and money and bad business for their reputation......no response of course.......
Flag Thu Mar 28, 2013
I agree, I don't like nor do I agree with the limits. I completely understand that change can be "uncomfortable" for many of us. Especially when we have made a living for so many years in a certain routine, but the extent to which the system has changed is literally like starting all over. They have made if more difficult for us, and given us limits to boot. Until I saw your post, I had wondered if I were the only one who felt this way.
In short, I hate the new system....for several reasons. The layouts are difficult to read, it would make sense that property info would be grouped accordingly, like it used to be, but now it's all over the place. It's really embarrassing even for us veteran realtors when trying to find simple info on the print out when showing a client properties. When I look at bedroom and bathroom count, I want to see garage info as well (where it used to be), rather than having to look halfway down the page. Or, even worse, tract info/name NEEDS to by up top like it used to be. It's that little "at a glance" stuff that makes all the difference. I hated MATRIX when I was running listings on SANDICOR....now it's here in S.O.C. :o/