General Area in Columbus>Question Details

George  Pome…, Renter in Columbus, OH

Family moving to Columbus, Ohio. My wife will be working for the University Health Center. Looking for good neighborhood,schools and safe neighborho

Asked by George Pomeroy, Columbus, OH Fri Dec 9, 2011

Moving from West Coast looking for great neighborhood. Looked at grandview heights, upper arlington area, & dublin. We will be renting 3bd/4bd, garage, and spending $1100 to $1550. Suggesitons?

Answers

7
Thanks everyone for all of the replies. A few months ago my post was a bit premature. However, I think I am going to narrow it down to Grandview Heights and Upper Arlington (close to OSU/Grandview). I work in UA and my wife works on South Campus. I am looking for a 3 bedroom town home or house, 4 bedroom would be ideal, or 3 bedrooms with a finished basement that has a bathroom. I also have a 7 pound Shitsu, so a residence that allows dogs would be helpful. Lastly, a garage would be nice and or parking. My move in date would be June 1st or last week of May. I would love to own something but that won't happen for at least 1 -2 years. So renting is he best option right now.

George Pomeroy
Hi George,

Don't know if you found anything yet but for that kind of payment you could buy a home in those areas vs. renting. Just something to consider.
Hello Mr. Pomeroy,

I checked the following areas you requested and added Hilliard in as well because it is near Dublin. The only rental that meets your criteria at this time is a nice Condo in Dublin. It is in the Tuttle Crossing area, Dubin schools, 3 bdrm, 2 full baths, a half bath, full basement, pets welcome, no section 8, 2 car attached garage side load all for $1400.00 per month.
If this sounds like something you would be interested in please let me know so that two things can get done.
1. Send you the property detail report so you can look at it, and
2. Let me know if you want me to research this further to see about negotiating better lease rate and terms that are favorable to you.

Respectfully,
Jeffrey Paeltz,SFR
614.288.0423 or email: jeffreypaeltz@kw.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 10, 2011
Hi George,

If schools are important to you you'll want to focus on communities such as Upper Arlington, Dublin, Powell, Lewis Center, New Albany or perhaps Gahanna. A good site for information on local schools is http://www.greatschools.org/ . Some of these areas are pricier than others (New Albany for example is one of the pricier parts of town) and you'll want to consider all of these factors before deciding on a community/neighborhood. Another factor to consider is you and your family's lifestyle and what type of amenties you'd like the community to offer, for example most of the communities referenced offer great parks and a number of fantastic golf courses as well as convenient access to shopping and entertainment but they each have their own perks, for example if your work requires that you travel frequently New Albany or Gahanna might be a bit more appealing as they offer quick access to the airport.
I've got a 4-bedroom single-family and a 3-bedroom condo available, both in Dublin schools. If you're interested, just give me a call. Thanks. Dan Arthur, Realtor 614-296-7289
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 9, 2011
Hi George,

Both Upper Arlington and Grandview are in close proximity to the University area and would be a great choice. Dublin will be a bit of a commute. For school and neighborhood demographic information visit the websites for the school districts and the suburban areas, they can be a great resource. I'd be happy to run a residential rental search for you to locate a rental. Let me know if I can help!

Katie McCann, Realtor
katie.mccann@realliving.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 9, 2011
You may visit http://www.homefacts.com . Also you may talk to a local police station. Then local real estate agent.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 9, 2011