Nadiney, Home Buyer in Beverly Hills, CA

European's looking to buy a house with 30 min max commute to Beverly Hills. Which neighborhood's are safe, family friendly with good

Asked by Nadiney, Beverly Hills, CA Wed Mar 21, 2012

schools? Thanks! Ideally, we'd like a commute that has alternatives to the freeways. We have a 3 year old child so we need a 3 bed house with a backyard, max $1mln budget. Seeking a nice community with good restaurants, shopping etc.. Friends have mentioned Studio City, Larchmont Village/Hancock Park - whilst others have said these would be a bad commute. Is the market up/down/flat? All advice welcome! Thanks

Answers

8
Hello! I agree with Studio City, Larchmont Village, I also think Sherman Oaks is something to consider - this is close to Studio City and very similar, but you'll probably get more house for your money. As long as you stay close to Ventura Blvd. then you will have plenty of activities, shopping, and restaurants near by. I would also consider the Laurel Canyon area...very peaceful and quiet, yet close to Hollywood and everything you need in terms of community. Also offers great elementary school (Wonderland) and a nice community feel within the canyons.

The market is sort of flat in my opinion, it's not down like it was and there is a bit of inventory lacking, but still the deals are out there and you have a great budget so it's realistic to find something that will suit you.

Please feel free to call me anytime. I work with many clients relocating and know most of LA very well as I am a native.

Julie Kryukova
(310)402-8181
Jkryukova@gmail.com
http://www.juliekproperties.com
Hi Nadiney

The market is down, it is a buyer's market. It is time to buy or invest in real estate.

I know all those areas you mentioned. I can definitely help and assist you and your family to find your dream house. Please give me a call.

Yoy can check out my listing in Beverly Hills.
http://www.1611ferrrari.com

Warm Regards,
Andrea Castillo
Email: andrea@carealtygroup.com
Hello Nadiney, My name is Andrew Belcher, California Real Estate Broker living in Beverly Hills. You would find a nice home in Studio City for $1 million or less. I would also recommend Sherman Oaks or Encino which would make your commute a little shorter to the Beverly Hills area. As one of the other agents suggested, Brentwood is nice, but I think you might have a harder time finding something you like that would match your budget. If you prefer, you could also go a little further south to the Redondo Beach area. You can find a nice home for under $1 million and the schools are also very highly rated. Redondo Beach (with no traffic) is about a 30 minute drive to BH. There are several options that fall within your budget. Please contact me if I can be of further assistance. Email: andrewbelcher1@yahoo.com. Thank you! -Andrew Belcher
Hi Nadiney, having relocated from Europe to the US I understand the challenges. The price range you are looking for is very realistic for an under 30 minute commute to Beverly Hills. My office is in Beverly Hills and I live in Marina Del Rey for example.
Please send me a private e-mail to homes@endrebarath.com and we can coordinate about three days where I could take you around and show you the various communities. Then you will be in a better position to focus on where you would like to live. If your friend is local bring your friend along.
As a Certified Relocation Specialist, I can tell you there is nothing better than a concentrated focus on the neighborhoods to determine where you like to live.
Look forward to your response.
Warm regards, Endre
Web Reference: http://www.endrebarath.com
Hi Nadiney,

You will get more house for your money if you look in the San Fernando valley, Studio City,Sherman Oaks or Encino, which all have excellent schools: Carpenter ave in Studio City, Dixie Canyon in Sherman Oaks, Lanai or Hesby in Encino. Also Beverly Hills post office which feeds into the Warner school would be an alternative. As K.C. Mentioned the 405 freeway project is making commuting times worse, the Sherman Oaks/Encino areas offer several alternative routes to get to Beverly Hills. Feel free to contact me if you would like more information.

Jodie Franciso
Prudential Calfifornia Realty
818-817-4236
Jodiefrancisco@aol.com
Your friends suggestions are good, with the exception of Studio City. Also, there are areas of Westwood that have EXCELLENT public schools, such as Fairburn and Warner (one of the best-rated elementary schools in LA. Currently the 30 minute commute is more difficult due to the immense traffic congestion caused by 405 fwy upgrades. This too shall pass, therefore, consider Brentwood, as well. This is an excellent time to be shopping for a home. I would be delighted to make suggestions, via email. Please contact me at kcsoll@inrealestate.com
I'll be glad to help you with. Please give me a call at ((800)578-0751 or email me
Ludy@tarbell.com and I will send you all information.
By the way, I am European too. What part of Europe are you from?

Thank you.
Ludy Ivonina.
Tarbell,Realtors
Good morning,
There are many great neighborhoods within a 30 minute commute or less to Beverly Hills within your price point.
Westwood has many beautiful homes as well as Trousdale area near Mar Vista.
If you would like to give me your email address I can send you some property info sheets for you to look at.
Or feel free to call me at (310) 600-4240
Susan@BeverlyHillsLuxuryFlats.com
I'd be more than happy to help you.
Susan Bo'ur Realtor
Coldwell Banker