General Area in Pleasanton>Question Details

abhijitz, Home Buyer in Dublin, CA

Estimate Dwelling / Construction Costs ... (insurance purpose).

Asked by abhijitz, Dublin, CA Wed Oct 30, 2013

Can someone help me with an approximate figure of construction costs of a 1500sqft home at Pleasanton of Standard Type... My long-time auto insurance agent has his thoughts why it should be higher. Another agent (my friend) has his ideas why it should not be higher. I want to get a rought estimate of construction costs and if i should add 25% or 50% for the "Extended" replacement in this area. zipcode = 94588

Answers

1
This is a real estate forum, however your question is an insurance specific. The responses you will receive here will not be reliable including mine. Insurance companies generally rely on a software program to determine approximate cost of replacement. I can tell you that it will be roughly around $180-$200 per square foot but ideally it depends on the specific house. If you need to reach out to a good honest insurance agent, call me and I will make an introduction to a great local insurance agent.