General Area in Albuquerque>Question Details

Karen Howard, Other/Just Looking in Arlington, VA

Empty nesters researching relocation, seeking upscale city neighborhood, walk to restaurants/activities, scenic views if possible. Suggestions?

Asked by Karen Howard, Arlington, VA Tue Aug 6, 2013

Answers

13
the answer to your question will require many factors in what you would need to answer. if you will write to me at realty person can give you meaningful answers. Max Sklower.Owner of Broadcast Realty. No oblgation. Realtyperson@gmail.com.
Hi Karen. There are many options including some condos in the downtown area that would place you within walking distance of great restaurants, theaters, and other activities. Is a yard or fenced in area for a pet a concern? Do you like the idea if a gated community? I'd suggest checking out the City of Albuquerque web site at http://www.cabq.gov for information that may be helpful. Let me know if you have any additional questions. Thank you. John
I am developing a small community in Albuquerque for empty nesters. WE hope to develop more. See details at http://www.acequiajardin.com. This is in an area called close in N. Valley. It is close to our Old Town -- a lovely area that is both urban and rural.

Best areas for walking would be Nob Hill which is near the UNM Campus. I'd love to help you out.

pamela
Hi Karen, I live and work in the Nob Hill/downtown area. It offers all of the things you mentioned. This is also where Albuquerque began so it offers the older homes and nice neighborhoods. I live in Spruce Park which is the home of a mix of energy. We have many professionals active and retired, students because we are across the street from the University of NM. Right now we have about 5 homes on the market and I am familiar with all of them. Please call or email me and I would be glad to send those your way to check out. 505-507-4924 Email: broker@therealtygroupabq.com
Hi Karen,

As you know, the process of buying a property is one of the most significant situations you'll face and a major life decision. People like to know what to expect. You deserve an agent you can trust, respect and work well together with. Please know I will always put your needs, wants and desires above my own. I’m on your side! I assure you that I take my duties and obligations toward my clients very seriously, and will diligently strive to represent your best interest to the fullest extent possible. Being successful isn't lucky or accidental, it's on purpose. I love what I do, so with this said I would love the opportunity to help you.

If you would like to speak to me about the listing process, please feel free to contact me via 505-252-2715, christellapadilla@yahoo.com, or christella.padilla@coldwellbankerlegacy.com. I look forward to hearing from you.
You're going to love the weather here and lack of traffic!

Areas to research are Nob Hill which has an urban vibe though homes don't usually have a view. Take a look at http://rt66central.com/. I personally have chosen this area for just the types of amenities that you describe.

You might also check out he north valley with it's many southwestern style homes, restaurants along Rio Grande Blvd. and beautiful views towards the Sandia Mtns.

With my background in decorating and home remodeling and construction I have a knack for understanding what my clients are looking for.

What's your timeline for moving to The Land of Enchantment?
Cell - 505-615-2546
juliealeixandre@parginrealty.com
The areas that fit your description best is: Downtown/Old Town/Country Club/Rio Grande Bosque. These three areas are adjacent to each other and fit withing a one mile by two mile rectangle. This area is a combo of historically rich ancient city center, the new city center, revitalized and gentrified neighborhoods, dining, walking, museums, country club amenities, the Rio Grande River and its connected massive forest and improved trails. There is tremendous positive energy flowing into and through out this area with a construction boom of upscale improvements in the last 10 years and which continues to this day.

Nob Hill is second on the list of areas that truly fits your description. This area sandwiches the old Route 66 thru Albuquerque. Contained within are dozens of locally owned restaurants and stores that offer the eclectic and reliable. Abutting this area is the University of New Mexico with all that naturally gravitates to the academic center for the state. The housing stock surrounding Nob Hill and UNM offers plenty of top quality vintage homes in established neighborhoods filled with people who want to be in that area.

The North Valley, i.e. the Rio Grande Boulevard corridor from the Albuquerque Country Club all the way to the north end of Corrales does not exactly match your description but has to be mentioned to anyone new the our area. This is the oasis area contained abundant water resources that result in the largest cottonwood tree forest in North America. Farmland, acreage estates, farming villages, open spaces, a highly regarded winery and a highly productive local population make this area a must see before settling on a home.

Please see my blog for more info. For example: http://www.trulia.com/blog/SteveQuintana/2013/08/albuquerque…

Please give me a call to discuss your needs.
Karen. I have just helped similar people from out of town accomplish their goals. I would love to assist you!. Please email me at: realtyperson@gmail.com. I will then ask you a series of questions that will facilitate your honing in on what you might consider just right for you. Sincerely. Max Sklower. Owner and Broker of Broadcast Realty in Albuquerque. You can also reach me any time at 800-888-3581.
Hello Karen,

We have quite a few neighborhoods that can accomodate your interests. Our weather overall, is ideal, so you'll have year round things to do. To help narrow in on areas that will suit your criteria, please let me know the price you're looking to stay under and the type of activities that you like most.

Fell free to contact me anytime. Since the seller pays for my services, there is NO cost to you for my assistance.

Leigh-Jo
Syan Real Estate
Call/Text: (505) 730-8181
Visit: http://www.syan.com
Web Reference: http://www.syan.com
Karen,good morning. There are a few neighborhoods that would fit your needs. The central corridor from Washington west to Richmond, Nob Hill. Mesa Del sol is a new sub division on the south edge of town. Please let me know how I can help. Gene Barnett Equity NM Realty 505 804-0300
Hello Karen,

It is my experience that the most popular area for empty nesters that are relocating to the Abq area is a village/suburb called Corrales.

This is an artsy, funky, upscale, delightful area located 5 minutes from all conveniences such as shopping etc. But yet very quiet and full of wildlife and views.

I have vacation rentals in Corrales if you would like to visit to check out the area, but I work all over NM.

Please look up villageofcorrales.gov and call me 505-379-0486

My specialty is relocation and vacation rental management.

Nancy Wils
Qualifying Broker
Living Real Estate
&
HOUSE"pitality"
505-379-0486
Karen,
Lots of possibilities. Do you like Condos or Lofts? Let me know a little more of what you are looking for and I can send you some homes to view. ronhensleyre@gmail.com
Thanks, Ron
Good Morning Karen, Mesa Del Sol...located in the Southern edge of Albuquerque, NM, sounds like an ideal match for your description. Please feel free to contact me for additional information. Thanks. James Eichel. Coldwell Banker Legacy. 505-857-2243.