General Area in Paseo>Question Details

okiedoke, Other/Just Looking in Oklahoma City, OK

Does the Paseo "feel" safe to you?

Asked by okiedoke, Oklahoma City, OK Thu Aug 30, 2012

It doesn't to me. Maybe it just looks older and more worn, or maybe it's all of the bars. It has fun events (art show) and hip restaurants, but... for some reason... I avoid it. I especially avoid it at night.

Answers

4
John Phillips’ answer
Goodmorning,

Yes the Paseo District is safe for a family or a single person, I have sold several homes in the Paseo District and this is where the home owners wanted to buy:

Also yes some of the home are older and some are worn out but the district is doing their best to get all of this resolved and doing so is making this a great place to buy<

If I can answer any more questions or if you would like for me to email you some homes in the area or any area of the city I will do so, just let me know

Thank You
John Phillips
jphillips81@cox.net
My family and I enjoy going to events in The Paseo. I think the University Park neighborhood just north of the arts district is RIPE for a renovation boom. There are some beautifully renovated homes there, and the homes in need of rejuvenation are priced very, very reasonably. I would like to see the City of Oklahoma City go through and redo the sidewalks in this area. They really need it!

If you are looking for a diamond in the rough to renovate and can't afford Crown Heights, I think the neighborhoods around The Paseo are a great, affordable choice! If you need a Realtor to keep an eye out for a great buy, I'd love to help you. Best wishes!
Web Reference: http://www.okcjulie.com
I've been going to the Paseo since I was a young boy, probably about 35+ years ago. In fact we had friends that started a little eatery there so the Paseo has always been a place to gather and have a good time. It comes and goes, like anything else. The home prices have gone up which doesn't mean a thing except you might pay more to live there. I think the potential is there but only time will tell if it will ever reach its potential.

Russell Benson, REALTOR®
Prudential Alliance Realty
Okiedoke,

This area has never given me any bad accounts. I have been down to the Paseo twice and both times were full of fun and good times!!!!

Hope this helps,

Josh Barnett, Realtor
Web Reference: http://www.1ListingFee.com