General Area in Brookings>Question Details

kbrown47, Home Owner in Applegate, OR

Does it ever snow in Brookings, OR?

Asked by kbrown47, Applegate, OR Thu Nov 8, 2012

Just wondering if Brookings ever gets a dusting of snow even though it's by the coast and has mild weather.

Answers

4
Rarely does it snow here...up in the mountains it does...in the city nothing for years...then we will get a light dusting that does not stick....we have very good weather....call me at 541-661-1219...I am an experienced real estate agent and know the area extremely well....I would be happy to assist you any way I can
Marianne Padilla
Century 21 Agate Realty
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Nov 9, 2012
It is all relative! It has snowed in Brookings but, only a dusting and mostly in the hill surrounding the Harbor/Brookings area. You don't have to pack the snow shovel to live here!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 10, 2012
Thanks everyone for replying to my question about snow around Brookings! I'm seriously considering relocating from Huntington Beach, CA to Brookings,OR when I retire, which will probably be in the next year or two.
Kathy, Huntington Beach, CA
Flag Mon Nov 12, 2012
It has been known to once or twice but very rarely. It has to be a very strange weather year for it to happen and it doesnt last long.
Yes....we can get a "dusting." It's rare...so when it happens the town comes to a standstill and we all watch it cause it's going to melt soon. It more commonly snows in the mountains that surround our community....so we can often see snow in the distance but our town itself rarely receives snow. I hope that helps!