General Area in Sarasota>Question Details

aloogden, Home Buyer in Naples, FL

Does anyone have any suggestions for neighbourhoods with single family villas around $350,000 dollars that they think we should check out?

Asked by aloogden, Naples, FL Sun Jan 22, 2012

We are looking to move to Florida in the next year. We are going to Sarasota in February to look at some areas we've identified that we think we may like, namely Isles at Palmer Rance and Lakewood Ranch.

Answers

15
Zagency’s answer
Village Walk in Palmer Ranch area of Sarasota is a great area! ... Gated community, fitness center, pools, tennis courts, bike paths, restaurant...everything you want! Clean, safe, paradise.
We have several great communities at your price point. Condo, villa, town home, or single family residence? I'd love to help you find your dream home. Check out some properties at my Coldwell Banker website: http://www.floridamoves.com/ilene.stracuzzi.
You selected two great areas. We live in Lakewood Ranch and we have a Buyer Specialist who works Palmer Ranch. The Greater Sarasota-Mantee areas, just keep getting better and better . Not to mention our wonderful sunshine! Please vist our website at http://www.JimSoda.com for more information on your selected areas. Would like to give you a tour of the areas when you get here in February. Your price range is very do-able. New construction or re-sale.
Jim Soda .. TheSodaGroup.com
Keller Williams Realty International
Lakewood Ranch - Sarasota
941-809-7759 SodaSells@gmail.com
Web Reference: http://www.jimsoda.com
Lots of opinions here for you! Good choice on considering the Sarasota area, its sizzling hot right, inventory is low though so good thing you're moving in this next year!
If you like, I've got a breakdown of all the different neighborhoods in Lakewood Ranch, and in each village I've the homes available for sale there for you to check out. I worked for the developer of Lakewood Ranch for several years, and know it like the back of my hand, so feel free to run any questions by me.
Here is the link for your perusal: http://www.rentbuysellsarasota.com/category/lakewood-ranch/
Lynn, what is steering about showing gated communities to a buyer in a certain price range? There is no preference stated in presenting homes that fit a buyer's criteria.

Is the Tampa market that slow?
Aloogden, as licensed agents suggesting a specific neighborhood would be considered steering. To focus on your question by the price point of $350,000 what amenities are important to you and your family? Although there are villas, the Sarasota area leans more towards single family homes. There are single family homes located within communities that are maintenance free. You might also discover that homes built in the 1990 and before are located in areas that you prefer. Homes built after 2000 are located in the unincorporated areas of the county, because that's where the land tracts were for developers to build new homes.

Manatee county also offers a broad variety of lifestyles. The southern portion of Manatee County carries Sarasota addresses. The land area known as Lakewood Ranch sprawls nearly 30,000 acres straddling Sarasota and Manatee counties. It was originally known as the Schroeder Ranch. This area started its development with commercial in Sarasota and residential in Manatee.

There are some communities that have their own zip codes. If you'd like to search the MLS like an agent you can sign up for a free Listiingbook account at our website. This will allow you to search homes in the comfort of your home. You can set up search criteria to match your interests and needs. Although we are registered as a Tampa broker we have assisted many buyers and sellers in the Sarasota and Manatee areas in selecting where they'd like to live.

Lynn Brock
941.313.1234
email@brockrealty-inc.com
Good previous answers, but there are other alternatives on the market.

You can see a good cross section of villas and maintenance free single family homes here in this link, covering areas from Lakewood Ranch to Venice:

http://mfr.mlxchange.com/DotNet/Pub/EmailView.aspx?r=1381736…

I also have a page on my website devoted solely to villa-style properties on my website, where you can search with no sign-up: davidbarrhomes.com/villas

If you need an experienced agent to represent you in your purchase, I look forward to the opportunity.

David Barr, Broker Associate
Sandals Realty
941.870.0656 direct
Good morning,

In my opinion you will be better of in Palmer Ranch. You are closer to the beach and for resale purpose, you are in a great school district. It is a short ride to the number one beach in the US - Siesta Key. If you go to
http://www.2Sarasota.com you have all the MLS data to do your own search.

You can contact me with questions any time at info@2Sarasota.com

You make it a great Sunday.

Kind Regards

Werner
Broker Associate, GRI, CRS, TRC, CIPS, SFR
Web Reference: http://WernerUntrieser.com
Good Morning,

My name is David Foster and I'm with Michael Saunders & Company here in Sarasota.

I would look forward to helping give you a little better idea of the real estate market here, ...before, during, and even after your visit.

There are a number of opportunities within your price bracket in the Lakewood Rance area; I quickly found at least 9 priced between $325,000 and $365,000. Some are brand new, and none more than 8 years old.

There are also a wde variety of available villas in the Palmer Ranch area. I came up with 18 priced between $309,000 and $369,000.

I'll be glad to provide additional details; photos, virtual tours, locational maps, etc. if you'll provide me with an email address. It will also be important fo me to know some of your preferences...golfing, beaches, access to shopping or transportation. This would better assist me in providing the best information for you.

I've been a Realtor here for 12 years and I look forward to helping you. Give me a call at 941-320-4903 or email me at davidfoster@michaelsaunders.com.

I know you'll enjoy your visit next month and hope to meet you at that time.

David Foster
Hi Tom,
I just toured ESPLANADE near state rd 70 and Lakewood Ranch, it's beautiful and maintenance free. For more info on it email me for the fees and pictures I took
Mary@howieshomes.com
Good Morning!

There are a number of great neighborhoods in the Sarasota region that have a Villa Style property in them. At the $350K range you should certainly be looking at Stoneybrook CC, Prestancia and Turtle Rock along with the Isles. Some of what these other Villas offer is a larger floor plan. I know the Isles of Palmer Ranch very well. Have sold 3 Homes there in the last 2 years!

It is important that you do find an Agent to work with here in the Sarasota area. Please take a look at my website and learn more about my services. I closed 18 properties for buyers like yourself this last year.

I would be happy to send you the best buys for Villas or Maintenance free Homes in the area. It's important that you learn early about the different developments and proximity to Beaches and attractions. Many people make the mistake of buying something new instead of buying a property that fits their lifestyle!

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Ken Ipox, Signature | Sotheby's International Realty

t 941-993-7279 kenipox@comcast.net
Web Reference: http://www.kenipox.net
Hi Aloogden,

My name is Norm Luppino with SaraBay Real Estate. You may also consider University Park County Club, a gated community off U-Pkwy. It is a couple miles west of Lakewood Ranch. There are a number of communities in there which are single family MAINTENANCE FREE, so you get the benefit of owning your own property but don't have to worry about your yard work. I am actually getting ready (in the next couple of weeks) to list a home in your price range that has a STUNNING lake and golf course view.

What size home are you looking for and what amenities to do desire? I will be happy to assist you in anyway.

NORM LUPPINO
SARABAY REAL ESTATE INC
7333 N. Tamiami Trail
Sarasota, FL 34243
normslistings@aol.com
941-565-4377
Tom and John have already provided the basic information that you need to get started on your search. Palmer Ranch and Lakewood Ranch are the two general areas that most people want to see first when looking for homes in Sarasota. You mentioned The Isles of Sarasota, where it is possible to purchase either a brand new home or a resale, and I would like to recommend that you should consider VillageWalk, which is nearby on Palmer Ranch and was built by the same developer. Unlike The Isles, VillageWalk is gated, and its community amenities are nicer, Elsewhere on Palmer Ranch, currently there is just one single family villa available in Stoneybrook Golf And Country Club, and it is in your price range. Stoneybrook is a great community, and the country club dues are a bargain.

On Lakewood Ranch, you will have more opportunities to buy a brand new home than you will on Palmer Ranch, New home pricing is quite competitive with resales, so you should do careful comparisons. I can easily assist you with dealing with all of the home builders on Lakewood Ranch, and will be happy to arrange a guided tour of the community. In just a couple of hours, you can get a good overview of neighborhoods that would be suitable for your budget, community amenities, and anything else that you need to know. You can even play a round of golf if you wish. This tour will help you to see Lakewood Ranch as its residents see it, and I'm sure that you'll find it to be worthwhile.

There are numerous other communities scattered around Sarasota that are also worth considering. One that comes to mind is University Park, which is a country club community that is located west of I-75 along University Parkway. The location is great, and the community is beautiful. There are numerous neighborhoods within University Park, and I think that they are worth seeing.

I work with Coldwell Banker on St. Armands Circle, and I live on Palmer Ranch. I cover the entire Sarasota area, from north of Bradenton to south Venice, and would be happy to discuss ideas in other areas which have not already been mentioned. Please feel free to give me a call or send an email, so that we can focus on finding the best possibilities prior to your visit. I will be happy to email you numerous suggested listings, and can set up an automated search of the MLS that will email suitable properties as soon as they are listed.

I'd like to suggest that if you are going to visit Sarasota in February, you should choose a Realtor now, so that you are guaranteed to have adequate preparation prior to your visit. You should also schedule your time with that Realtor well in advance of your visit. Our market is very active right now, and it is certain to be even busier next month. No matter which Realtor you choose to work with, I'm sure you will see plenty of very attractive opportunities here. Good luck with your search.

Charles Offer
COLDWELL BANKER RESIDENTIAL REAL ESTATE
423 St. Armands Circle
Sarasota, FL 34236
(941) 321-9664
charlesoffer@comcast.net
Hi Tom:

Those are two great areas for newer homes with a lot of community amenities. Just remeber, Lakewood Ranch has a CDD fee and is in Manatee County and Palmer Ranch does not. If being close to the beach, Palmer Ranch is much closer to Siesta Key.

If you want to take a look at what is for sale in Palmer Ranch, check out the Palmer Ranch seciton of my website. I have a lot of the subdivisions listed with their amenities.
http://www.sarasotaone.com/sarasota-county-homes/palmer-ranc…

I also have one for Lakewood Ranch at http://www.sarasotaone.com/manatee-county-homes/lakewood-ran…

I hope this helps. You can also setup your own search to look around in both counties. Feel free to call me if you have any questions.

John Woodward
Broker/Owner
Sarasota Real Estate Group
941-922-8400
Hello, My name is Tom LaMaida and I'm a Realtor with Keller Willians in Lakewood Ranch. I would definitely recommend looking in the Palmer Ranch and Lakewood Ranch areas. If you don't mind emailing me your criteria such as # of beds/baths and any other specifics, I would be happy to email you a list of villas you may want to see in February. My email is tom@thelamaidagroup.com and other information is below. I look forward to an opportunity to work with you!

Tom LaMaida
6710 Professional Parkway West, #301 | Sarasota | FL | 34240
Cell: 941.441.5260 | Fax: 941.306.4809 | http://www.tomlamaida.com
Tom@thelamaidagroup.com
Web Reference: http://www.tomlamaida.com