General Area in 34117>Question Details

Rocco Lagano, Real Estate Pro in New York, NY

Does anyone have a good opinion on canterbury village in berkshire lakes? Im thinking of buying a unit in there and looking for opinions on this place

Asked by Rocco Lagano, New York, NY Tue Aug 2, 2011

It would be a ground floor unit that I would buy to rent out.. Needs a bit of work but that doesnt scare me. How is the development and are they easy to rent? Any advice as always is greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Answers

10
Hi Big Apple,
If the unit you want to buy is the one I'm thinking, do not hesitate to pay a little bit above the asking price if you want to get it. If you are not already working with another agent, let me know and I'll help you out.

After taxes, insurance and expenses, you will still get a cap rate at around 8%, provided you will rent it at $875/month.
I think this is a pretty nice return.
The area is not fancy but the fees are low and the location is great for annual rentals.

Good luck to you.
Carmen Badan
RealPro Realty LLC
239-404-7576
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 2, 2011
Check the Condo Fees and all Condo Docs must read before make a decision.
You can see the different offerings in Berkshire Lakes or other nearby communities like The Shores, MapleWood, Briarwood and many others on our website http://www.agent4naples.com. Some in particular have very good rental policies. Your agent can assist you regarding the particular unit and comparable sales. Rentals are handled by a property manager to handle the details and they charge a fee.
Web Reference: http://www.agent4naples.com
Thanks for the question! Berkshire Lakes is a good rental area. Does your agent handle rentals?
A good piece of advice is to be very familiar with the Condo Docs in Canterbury Village, especially the rules regarding rentals, how many times per year you can rent out, minimum duration, etc.... This can be a deciding factor whether you decide to purchase this property as an investment property.

Hope this helps!

Angie Curkovic and The Curkovic Real Estate Team
239-330-1225
We manage close to 300 rentals if you would like to discuss our property management services.....

jessemcgreevy@gmail.com
239-898-5329
thanks everyone for your opinions and insights.. It is very much appreciated
Between $850-$925/month. Let me know, once you got it and if your agent doesn't handle rentals and he/she doesn't have someone to refer you to, I will be happy to find you a renter.

Carmen
Thanks so far for the responses.. I am working with a realtor.... anyone have any idea of what a cleaned up 2/2 can rent for?

I appreciate all the responses thus far.
Berkshire is a great location for rentals. It is a nice residential community with appeal to families and young professionals due to location and value. Based on current market pricing you can get a good return on investment with units you buy and upgrade. I believe the upside potential is great in the area since you can purchase for well below potential replacement cost.

With the volume of distressed property sales we have started to see a shortage of nice well located rentals and have renters with great income that can not buy properties due to short sales or foreclosures on their credit.

If you are interested I can provide you an analysis of potential return based on how much you want to put down (or cash purchase) and expected renovations.

Please email me at lowe1991@aol.com or call to discuss at 239-595-2212. I would also be happy to represent your interests in purchase of this or other properties.

Ken Lowe - Realtor SFR
Short Sle and Foreclosure Resource
Web Reference: http://www.Ken-Lowe.com
I had a friend who had lived in this community and loved being in Berkshire Lakes. It would be best to obtain the condo. Q&A, Rules and Regs. and Financials prior to seriously considering purchasing any property. Your Real Estate Agent should be able to accomplish this on your behalf. If you do not have an agent, we would be more than happy to assist you.

John & Sandra James
Prudential Florida Realty
(239) 784-7000
E-Mail: MarcoTropicalRealty@comcast.net