General Area in 31904>Question Details

Nicoletrujil…, Home Buyer in Columbus, GA

Does anybody have any advice on temporary housing? Until post housing becomes available?

Asked by Nicoletrujillo28, Columbus, GA Sat Mar 10, 2012

Answers

6
Has temporary housing become permanent housing? If you are going to be in the area for awhile and have the credit you might want to consider something permanent now. Interest rates are low, making mortgage payments cheaper than rent in a lot of cases. Principal and Interest on a fixed rate mortage is around $4.00 per each thousand dollars. Great time to invest in your future.
Rent from Lullwater apartments (or any other Woodruff property) and do the "buy-out clause"...it allows you to get out of the lease early and just pay a portion of the next months rent. We did it personally in between buying and selling a home. Worked great for us.
I don't think the buy out clause would work for them if they are moving onto post and not buying a home. Check to make sure.
Flag Mon Feb 4, 2013
Independence Place Apartments does short term rentals. http://www.liveatindependence.com Call 7066891026
You should get on homeaway.com. They offer weekly rental homes for your exact situation. I have used them on various occasions in remote parts of the country with much success. You will pay a little more money than usual just because it is not a long term lease but it might be worth it to you to look into.
If you are only talking about a short period of time, there are many extended stay hotels in the Columbus area. However, if it will be several months, you should check with the rental departments of local real estate offices to see what they have available. Also, some apartment complexes offer fully furnished executive apartments for rent on a monthly or 3-month basis. Some are real near the entrance to Ft. Benning, too!
I'm curious how long they are telling you it will be before you can get on post housing. Most property owners will not take a lease shorter than a year. If they do take a shorter lease you will have a higher rent payment for that period of time. Then their is the expense of deposits and moving twice!!

If you can't stay with a friend for a short period of time then I would say find off post housing and stay there.

I have two rentals available right now in the Smiths Station area for $1500 a month. If you are ready to give up on on post housing give me a call. 706-392-6116
Web Reference: http://CharmaineHomes.com