General Area in Las Vegas>Question Details

Bridges, Other/Just Looking in Las Vegas, NV

Does Las Vegas welcome new comers from other states?

Asked by Bridges, Las Vegas, NV Wed Jun 20, 2012

Texas

Answers

7
Las Vegas is a 24 hour town. And, it is very multicultural. There is a good chance your neighbors will work, and live different hours than you do. They may speak a different language than you do.

But, on the positive side. Las Vegans are open minded to new comers. You will find people are not judgemental. Live and let live, seems to be the attitude here.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jun 25, 2012
Hi Bridges,

Absolutely!

Las Vegas is a place like no other. Great place to live, work, play, and enjoy life. The people here are friendly too. Most of the the residence in Las Vegas are not born and rasied here. They move here from all over the world. However, you will find the occational native. Over the last 10 + years Las Vegas has grown to be a Metropolitian City and caters to the service & hospitality industry. Las Vegas has over 2 Million residence and welcome new comers daily.

I work with many people that move to the Las Vegas area. And wheather you are looking to rent or purchase in the Las Vegas area I can help you find your dream home. If you have any questions regarding the Las Vegas area please contact me. I look forward to the opportunity to meet with you. Have a great day.

Heather Neuwirth
Barrett & Co. Inc.
2885 S Jones Blvd
Las Vegas, NV 89146
702-469-7163
heatherneuwirth@yahoo.com
Hi Bridges,

When Donna moved here is 1960, there were probably not more than 100,000 people in the Las Vegas Metropolitan area. Today there are over 2,000,000. In those 52 years, for the population to grown that fast, a lot of people moved here. In fact, such a huge percentage of our population has come from other places that there is a bar called Born and Raised catering to people who were born here. There are other bars that bring together people from other states, and one that caters to ex-Brits where they always keep up on the soccer and rugby games. Many people we run into don't personally know anyone who was born here. So being from somewhere else is not a great disadvantage.

We don't know what your passion is in life, but there is a group in Las Vegas for it. There are lots of musicians, dancers and other types of performers. There are avid outdoor people who love to hike in the mountains and deserts surrounding the valley. There are dog people with clubs and meet-ups at dog parks, and other doggie-centered socials. There are charities which love volunteers. There is a University with a great basketball team. There are children's sports galore, which is a great place to meet the very nice adults who are their parents. In fact, whatever you children like to do, there are other families involved in the same pursuits. There are writers' clubs and poetry sessions and comedians' clubs. There are so many restaurants you won't believe it. There's adult baseball and softball, tennis, and skiing in the winter.

You will have to find something you like and join in with others who also like to do those things. With very little effort you'll find a place or group with whom you feel very welcome. Just take the first step.

Good luck on your move,

Mike Pristow, Donna Hodge & Associates
702-604-1001
Hi, Bridges. What do you mean by the term "welcome".. This is a town of almost 2 million people and they are busy. It's a very friendly town, but you will not have a parade down main street just because you are new

:
David Cooper Investor with a Buyers Agent license at Since 1917 Realty 702-499-7037
Well said David. Well said.
Flag Mon Jun 25, 2012
Hi Bridges,
Most of the people that lives in Las Vegas moved here from different states. Las Vegas is very unique and friendly. This town is geared towards service and hospitality to guests from all over the world that either come to visit or move here.
I moved here from California and in my opinion Las Vegas residents are very friendly and helpful .

Rena Levy
Broker/Associate
Realty Executives
702-612-7099
Web Reference: Http://www.cvegashomes.com
Hello Bridges,

I moved here from Sugarland, Texas 20 years ago. I found Las Vegas to be a very metropolitan City with folks from all over the world. You may not find folks in Las Vegas with the same southern hospitality, but generally speaking, you will find what ever you are used to enjoying in Texas. The phrase "Birds of a Feather flock together" describes the Vegas culture quite well. The important thing is to find a community (church, social, singles, etc.) that you can fold yourself into as soon as possible. Then you will feel at home. But unlike Texas, you have to make the effort here to be a part of the community.

Best of luck, and thanks for reading.

Steve Mathews
Prudential Americana
702-491-4663
steve@reovegas.com
Of course! Las Vegas has grown into a metropolitan city because of folks just like you! When are you moving? Welcome to Las Vegas
Web Reference: http://www.HouseOfVegas.com
Ty I am moving around the first of August Still checking it out though not sure if it is going to be safe for my children or economcally affordable though I am a single mom of two so yeah
Flag Wed Jun 20, 2012