Ange, Other/Just Looking in Pembroke Pines, FL

Do the children learn to play a musical instrument? At least the recorder and if so what grade?

Asked by Ange, Pembroke Pines, FL Wed Jun 10, 2009

Answers

4
Ange, If you really want to make sure your kids are exposed to music, you're probably better off seeking a good tutor, rather than a school with some vague program. I survived 8 years of choir with a mostly tone deaf choirmaster, but that's probably not something I should admit in public. And no, I don't play an instrument - or worse sing - today.
Hi Ange, Contact the schools in the area and ask them about their music programs, if any.
Hello Ange,

I can tell you that my daughter attends a Charter School here in the Hollywood area and she did start learning to play an instrument in the 3rd grade. The children were allowed to choose their instrument and we chose the recorder for her. You generally can find instruments for beginners at Walmart, Target or Kmart in the toy section.

Generally when the children are introduced to music as their subject is when they will learn some type of new instrument in school.

Hoped this helped out!
Hi Ange,

Welcome to Trulia Voices and thank you for your question.

There's no school associated with your question and Trulia Voices is a forum for real estate related Q&A. It's thus not likely that you'll receive an informative answer to this question. We recommend that you contact the school you are interested in directly with your question.

Best Wishes,

Emily Gibson
Community Moderator