General Area in Dedham>Question Details

kosmo886, Home Buyer in Weymouth, MA

Dedham Homes in 300k range - how are they?/ better suggestions?

Asked by kosmo886, Weymouth, MA Fri Jan 22, 2010

What type of home are we talking about in Dedham in the 300k range? I am looking for:
• Budget: $250-350k, but would really like to keep it at or below $300.
• Single Family
• 2-3 bedroom
• Preferably 1.5 bath, but 1 would be doable
• Some type of reasonable yard
• Condition: looking for something structurally sound, not requiring any major updates (unless it is properly factored into the price, and it still fits into the above budget). But definitely willing to take on any cosmetic/updating projects to the interior.
• Commute should be no more than 45 minutes to downtown Boston via accessible public transportation. Nothing that goes into North Station (which rules out the north shore area).
• Expected time frame: looking to move in summer/fall, but flexible for the right opportunity.

Answers

4
dsr’s answer
Houses in Dedham below $300k usually need work and are not the open layout most young buyers want. There are two very nice brand new construction condos in this price range that have high end finishes, a great layout, and the attractive Oakdale neighborhood....the listing agent is Ann Atamian of Coldwell Banker...
Hi Kosmo,
For Dedham that price range can definitely get you into a move in ready, however it would be helpfull to know what size living area you are looking for. You can reach me at dakota@chaseteam.com and I would be happy to send you what is available on the market in your range with your criteria and also share some other options in surrounding areas. I hope all is well. Thanks!
The best town for commuting and price is Framingham. We have great homes in that price range and an easy commute to South Station. We also have Callahan State Park and many public walking areas and lakes etc.. In addition to that we have rte 9 shopping and dining. If you log into my website you can search homes in the area ( or any area) and see what there is to offer!
Web Reference: http://www.mdmrealtyinc.com
I'm assuming that you aren't working with a Buyer Agent yet. If this is the case you can email me your email address at elizabeth @elizabethherbert.com. I can then set you up for automatic emails whenever something meeting your above criteria becomes available on the market.