General Area in Houston>Question Details

Dw Family, Home Buyer in Houston, TX

D-W Family - Thank you all for the info. If willing to commute are "The Woodlands" Gay friendly?

Asked by Dw Family, Houston, TX Mon Apr 9, 2012

Answers

8
You're asking a question here that reputable realtors will not/cannot answer, as it is discriminatory. Best you do your own research and decide if that neighborhood will work for you.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 9, 2012
Good evening,

Noting the other 'answers' to your question, I would only add that Houston and the surrounding areas certainly qualify as 'big city' not 'small town' and I suspect that you already know how to be a good neighbor wherever you decide to make a home.

When individuals move here it's usually job or family related. (They don't move here for the Astrodome anymore!) So, you will want to think of buying a home in terms of a total expense. The cost of gas effects spending money and time spent on the road takes a toll on family life. Most important is finding a home that matches the family needs.

If we can be of assistance, please feel free to contact us.

Brenda Peavy, Broker
PV Properties
281-497-1290
brenda@pv-properties.com
http://www.har.com/BrendaPeavy
The Woodlands is approximately 40 miles north of Houston, a great master planned community and very self contained, with shopping and schools and pretty much all you need there. The Woodlands is a great place for raising children...great schools, parks, etc.

Houston is a very diverse city. Like most big cities, the gay community in general is closer in...even if it just means more in the neighborhoods around you. Also if you want to find more resources for information and help from professionals in the gay community, I can help with that too.
713-863-9494. In any case...have a great move.
REALTORS and Real Estate Agents cannot answer culturally, ethic/racial, or gender sexual bias questions in regards to housing. It is a violation of the equal opportunity in housing act. All we can say that you will have to visit the areas yourself and determine if it is right for you. Every area will have it pros and cons when it comes to your preferences but our job is to execute on the will of our clients.

Realistically go spend sometime in the areas that you are thinking about moving to a different times of day and you will get a feel as to if you like the area. I recommend anyone do this to make sure they are not moving to areas that have things going on that they object to like neighbors blaring music late night or a big neon light outside of your bedroom window.

Good Luck

Chris Hutchinson
REALTOR
Chris Hutchinson Real Estate
The Michael Group
972.809.0607
http://www.chrishutchinsonrealestate.com
D-W Family,

We cannot answer if an area is "gay" friendly, jewish, white, no kids, black, etc. That would be discriminatory. All communities throughout Houston are very diverse with different cultures, ages, economic status and more. A Realtors job is to find you the best home possible. My suggestion is to ask others in your community about locations they live in and let us explore those areas. http://www.houstonglbtcommunitycenter.org/about/

The Woodlands is a very family oriented community with wonderful amenities and great schools. The other agent says not a lot happens there. She is WRONG!! Tons of concerts, festivals and more!! Here is write up on the community from my web site. http://www.markknowshouston.com/The-Woodlands-n31324.html

That community would be min 45 min to 1hr drive to the City of Jersey Village where you mentioned your employer will be located. I LOVE The Woodlands, but the commute is not good! Depending on price range, you might look in areas like Rock Creek, Gleanloch Farms and Bridgeland.

Let me know if we can assist you. I help families relocating here from around the country and show all parts of Houston and surrounding suburbs to them.

Mark McNitt
m 832-567-4357
Bernstein Realty
As mentioned in several responses, we cannot answer your question because it is discriminatory. However, we have something in common, and I would love the opportunity to help you find the area that is going to best fit your needs. I'm a native Houstonian and work all over the city. Please feel free to contact me anytime!
Web Reference: http://www.BrennaAbels.com
yes, but it's a long way from festivals and other fun happenings in the city of Houston and surrounds. It is VERY family oriented and focuses on family gatherings and other activities. I don't know how much you would ENJOY being in The Woodlands.
I love the Woodlands, but cannot discuss race/age/gender questions pertaining to Real Estate.
I do, however, know the area well and can help find your family the perfect home.

Conroe School district serves the Woodlands, and just directly south you can find the Klein School district in Spring on the west side of I-45.

Feel free to contact me on any neighborhood in the Greater Houston Metro Area, I can help!