General Area in Fairfield>Question Details

renoann, Other/Just Looking in Fairfield, CT

Could you please tell me the cost per square foot for adding a second story to a 950 square foot home in the Greenfield Hill area of Fairfield, CT?

Asked by renoann, Fairfield, CT Tue Oct 15, 2013

Answers

4
I highly recommend you talk with a professional who can help guide you to the right people...trusted sub-contractors who have a strong network, a good reputation and plenty of testimonials from satisfied clients.

If you do not have a reliable source or want a second opinion, we have a fabulous network of builders, designers and contractors who work together to offer just about every price point and possibility. Our all inclusive design division creates comfort for our clients with zero pressure and all the answers they need to make the right decisions for their family....whether its adding on to an existing home, or deciding whether to buy a new home.

Feel free to contact us at 203-259-8326 or email me at Julie@vanderblue.com
http://www.vanderblue.com
Let me preface this by saying a definitive answer would require more information (such as the age of the current home, type of foundation, and the proposed floor plan for the addition)

The cost can range anywhere from $100 - $225 per square foot, depending on many of the factors listed below:

-The type of siding (ex: cedar vs. vinyl)
-Type of roof (ex: wood vs. asphalt)
-Lighting fixtures
-Plumbing fixtures
-Trim work
-Type of flooring
-Windows & Doors: Type and number of each
-Type of Heating/Cooling
-Type of Insulation (Foam vs. fiberglass)
-Number of Bedrooms/Bathrooms

IMPORTANT NOTES:

If the current home is not structurally significant enough to hold a second floor, it is not just a question of cost per square foot, but if a simple addition is possible at all

The Primary consideration is: Do the current zoning and wetlands regulations permit this type of addition? My group is very experienced in the process (especially in Greenfield Hill) and would be happy to walk you through the necessary research and answer any questions you may have.

We also work very closely with local builders and contractors, and I would be happy to give you more specific recommendations. When you have the time, feel free to email me at denise@walshandpartners.com, or call me at 203.650.1583 and I'd be happy to chat.
Maybe $200 sq ft. The variables are what you put into the bathrooms, kitchens, roofing. If you wanted a wood shake roof that is considerably more than asphalt. Contact me if you need a contractor's name.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 2, 2013
Too many factors that need consideration, therefore contact a few local contractors for free estimates...