General Area in Dahlonega>Question Details

Gsteve55, Home Owner in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Considering relocation to Dahlonega from South Florida....

Asked by Gsteve55, Fort Lauderdale, FL Mon Jan 2, 2012

...how is the new or newer housing market in the $500k-$800k range? What is the lifestyle and area amenities like? We are an active couple with 2 dogs and no children who love cycling, mountain biking, hiking w/the dogs, serentiy and country roads.....thanks!

Answers

6
Erin Groover’s answer
Hey,

I spend a great deal of time taking advantage of my parents river home in Dahlonega and although it's not my primary market I know a lot about the area and market values. The lifestyle is very relaxed and can be somewhat isolated depending on where you are but the town of Dahlonega is very quaint with cute shops and restaurants and it's a short drive to other great areas like Ellijay and Cleveland and only a little over an hour from Atlanta. It sounds like it would be right up your alley. There is not a lot of newer growth currently, as is the case in many areas, but it's a great time to buy with many homes discounted. Let me know if I can help further, I have family in Florida as well so I'm sure you are aware it's going to be a big change, best of luck with your house hunt! I have another relative with a lovely home on the River in Dahlonega who over New Years was speaking of selling, it may be a great fit :)
Web Reference: http://www.grooverhomes.com
If you love the outdoor life with beautiful Mountain scenery along with a quaint old town hosting festivals and family gatherings throughout the year, Dahlonega Georgia is for you! The housing market is great in this area. We have starter homes as well as executive homes....Cabins to Mansions.
We also have many vacation homes or second homes for this highly visited area of north Georgia. Amenities, of course, vary with each community. However, even if you choose to not live in a neighborhood at all, there are many activities in this River, Mountain and College Town.
Best Regards, Tim and Emily Holley
I just noticed your post.....We moved up from panama city about three years ago and live between Cleveland and Dahlonega....a great area. We spend time on the trails and hiking here is great even in the summer , and the bugs don't carry you away.....even in the hottest time of the summer you can find a cool place near a stream to enjoy life. Property values here are great compared to the prices in florida, you can get alllllot for your money....if I can be of any assistance give me a call, or an email. I love to talk to fella floridians. There are alot of us here..you will feel at home.....
Gary Evans
Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate
Metrobrokers
850-532-0481
garybevans1950@gmail.com
Gary, got an email from you. Not sure why? I already live in Dahlonega and have a house I am trying to sell. Kids are grown and we are going to downsize.
Flag Sat Dec 1, 2012
Im also from South Florida and I want to move up there. Im looking for a couple of acres and rentals. Anybody know if the rental market is good up there?
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 2, 2012
We have many beautiful homes in Dahlonega for much less than the price range you asked about. In fact sales over $300,000 are few and far between. I have lived here my entire life and I would be happy to show you what we have and answer any questions you have about the area. I have a link attached to my free listing book service as a web referance for you.
Alan, what can you tell me about the Montaluce development and the listings that are available there? Thanks!
Flag Wed Apr 18, 2012
Dear Gsteve55,

Nice choice considering Dahlonega as us half backers love the Blue Ridge Mountains of Georgia. There are a number of communities we recommend in the area in your price range or for less. First, this regional information link on our website will help get you started:

http://realestatescorecard.com/area-information-towns-cities…

I also suggest considering Lake Lanier and Lake Burton which are close by. Those regional writeup's are also on our website under the Area tab. If you'd like to pick my brain about specific communities, write me at margie@realestatescorecard.com so we can schedule a time to talk. You will also find our scorecard's and the property owner scorecards insightful. Happy New Year!

Warmly,
Margie Casey
Founder