General Area in East Meadow>Question Details

Dirk Diggler, Home Buyer in

Considering buying an East Meadow home right on the border of uniondale and roosevelt. Bad Idea?

Asked by Dirk Diggler, Fri Jun 15, 2007

The house is a quarter acre and on the high spectrum of east meadow pricing 575K. Uniondale and roosevelt are 329k 5 blocks away from me across the Meadowbrook. It is a risky buy?

Answers

3
I am sorry, but I believe it is a risky buy. There is plenty of room, and there are plenty of houses in the market, in East Meadow, that you don't need to have Uniondale or Roosevelt within a stone's throw of your house. That fact alone would (to me, at least) drop the value of the house by at least 100K.

If you can afford a 575K home, buy in Barnum Woods or the eastern section of East Meadow.

As they say, the top 3 rules in real estate are LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION.

If you are talking about buying in Barnum Woods I would say there is no risk at all---I live in Barnum woods and it is perfectly safe and quite enjoyable
yes im from there and there is alot off gang activities