Paula, Home Buyer in Dallas, TX

Compare Orange Park, Fleming Island, St. John, Fleming Island

Asked by Paula, Dallas, TX Thu Jan 26, 2012

Which is the MOST desirable and why? I'm thinking down the road and resale value. Definitely want a nice gated, golf course community. Not 55 . We like to have a mix, but not too many one way or the other. What can you tell me about 'downtowns' (I know St. Aug. downtown), but I do not if eitherof the other places have 'downtowns'. I love 'cute' downtowns. Any suggestions on where I should be looking.Bistrosand sitting outside to have lunch, boutique shops, etc. Price range $250K -$350K; 2000 s.f. 3/2/min. Help! :-) Any suggestions would be VERY VERY appreciated!!! Thanks soooo much! Nicest beach in N.E. Florida? Any not super crowded? :-) Any soft sand beaches? No cars on beach? thanks again!!!!

Answers

3

You can't beat St. Augustine. People come from all over the world to enjoy the rich history, beautiful scenery and take a stroll down St. George Street to gaze in the boutique shops in the oldest city in the nation. Even as a local I can't get enough of the it all. (Last weekend my husband, daughter and I rode the trolley and strolled around downtown) It sounds to me like you already have your heart set on St. Augustine. There are plenty of golf course communities and I would be happy to give you more information if you would like.

Hannah Evans
Watson Realty Corp.
hannahevans@watsonrealtycorp.com
352-316-2355
As a former resident of Saint Augustine I can say it definitely depends on your tolerance for traffic and tourist. It also depends on how close you wish to be to the beach. I moved to Fleming Island and wish I could have done it 10 years ago. There are lot's of patio resturants, new shops and boutiques. Eagle Creek has many amenities and a good community feel. Pace Island is gated, also a great community feel. If you're just looking for a cute downtown stick with Saint Augustine, but personally speaking, the tourist shops get old quick.
Hi Paula,

St Augustine and it's historical downtown are very unique. Amelia Island is similar but smaller scale. Our beaches in the south end (Anatasia Island) ate powdery sand. As you move up the coast to Vilano and Ponte Vedra you tend to more shell type sand. There are several golf communities to choose from, private, semi private and public. This is not a densely populated county so crowds and trafic are not much of an issue. Orange Park and Fleming Island have their benefits but are a more densely populatated in comparison.

There are several other issues to consider, taxes, fees etc... Please feel free to contact me directly for more details and if you'd like I have several useful maps and relocation packets I could send you.

Ana Speziale
Aspeziale@davidsonrealtyinc.com
904-940-5000