General Area in Sudbury>Question Details

Jaynes2009, Home Buyer in Cambridge, MA

Commute from Sudbury to Harvard Square?

Asked by Jaynes2009, Cambridge, MA Wed Dec 30, 2009

Can anyone comment on the daily average commute from Sudbury to Harvard Square? Thanks in advance!

Why not try a test run and get an actual feel for it--you'll be glad you did and will thank yourself later.

It would depend on several factors- are you driving or taking the commuter rail or T? Where in Sudbury? Just to drive from one end of the town to the other could be 20 minutes. During rush hour I would assume at least 45 minutes, then add or subtract based on your starting point in Sudbury. Sorry, there isn't really an easy answer. My suggestion to potential buyers is to start in front the potential home and drive to work during rush hour, or drive there after work.

Hope this helps,
Web Reference:
Hi, it's about 22 miles. Not too bad - if you're on the northside near route 117 you can either go route 2 or else 117 to 128 to the MA Pike or you can take 117, cut through Lincoln to Tropelo Road which goes to Harvard Square - it's probably slower that the highway, but can be an alternative. If you're south of Route 20, you can pick up the Pike in Wayland. Depending on the time of day it's 30 to 50 minutes.

A lot of people in Sudbury commute to Cambridge. The trade-off for a slightly longer commute is substantially more house than what you will find closer. I suggest you try it after work to check it out.

Hope that helps - feel free to contact me if there's anything else.
Happy New Year! Marilyn Messenger
It will depend on where in Sudbury you are, but you should be in the 30-35 minute range...If you are from anywhere around here though, you know that any given day can double or triple the travel time...accidents, snow/ice or just plain old heavy traffic.