General Area in Clovis>Question Details

gentry.pelti…, Other/Just Looking in Morgantown, WV

Clovis historic neighborhood?

Asked by gentry.peltier, Morgantown, WV Tue Jan 3, 2012

I am in the military and may be moving the the Fresno area in just over a year. I love historic/older style homes. I know that the Tower District & Huntington Blvd has homes that I love (Bungalow, Tudor homes). I know that Clovis has a few bungalow homes (even though I've never seen them on this website. My question is, does Clovis have a historic neighborhood similiar to Huntington Blvd of Fresno.

Answers

6
There are Bungalow and Tudor homes dotted all over the cities:
It would matter if you are just looking for a house, or an area; do your neighbors matter?
Even in the densest neighborhoods, they are some great homes next to some less desirable homes.
The Tower District probably has the highest concentration of homes you would like.

A lot can change in "just over a year":
Please keep in touch.

And something I never heard; Thanks for Serving!
Hello Gentry,
First of all, thank you for your service to our country. Old Town Clovis is a wonderful area, rich in western history, current culture, and very charming. You probably haven't seen any on this site yet because the area of historic homes is smaller than the historic areas in Fresno, and they do generally sell quickly, which tells you just how nice the area is. Let me know if you'd like to me keep you updated as they do come available.

Laura Corey
License #01303203
Guarantee Real Estate
laura@guarantee.com
559-949-SOLD
Good day Gentry,

I can tell you that you can find homes that will meet what you are looking for. here is a good example, this property located at 335 Woodworth Ave, Clovis, CA 93612 is for sale right now. It is a 2/1 in the heart of Clovis, and as previously mentioned near the parades of lights, big hat days, and all the entertainment you could want.

When you are ready to take a look at what Clovis, Ca has to offer, I would take at least a couple of days if not a week to come and visit to do 2 things. #1 see the area, and make sure it is an area you feel you would like to put down roots for a while, and #2 to locate a realtor with the experience and understanding of the area that can let you know and help you to locate a new older style home for you.

If you would like you are welcome to give me a call anytime, I am never to busy for you or any of your family and friends to show you around.

You have a fantastic day and my information is below.

Michael

Michael Litchenberg
RE/MAX Gold
(559) 472-5120 Direct
(559) 907-3410 Cell
michael.remax@hotmail.com
Yes, there some older historic areas. The Old Town Clovis area has a great history plus a great community that sponsors many events thru-out the year: Clovis Rodeo, Big Hat Days, Parade of Lights at Christmas & much more.
Let us know how we can help.

Mark & Sharon Pretzer
559-288-4967
It does, it would be Old Town Clovis near the downtown area. It is a very desirable area and homes move quickly.
Yes, there are a few neighborhoods in Clovis that have the same feel. When you're ready, I'd be glad to help.
-----
Bryan Souza
Broker Associate
http://www.bryansouza.com
RE/MAX Gold / Souza Group Inc
8080 N. Palm, Suite 101
Fresno, CA 93711
Office: 559-367-0200
Fax: 559-367-0210
DRE # 01433664
Web Reference: http://www.bryansouza.com