believersnev…, Other/Just Looking in San Francisco, CA

Cheap single studios near San Francisco

Asked by believersneverdie149, San Francisco, CA Thu Feb 14, 2013

Hello, I'm going to UC Berkeley for my grad program, and as I've been living in LA for my entire life, I'd like to stay in SF and commute via BART. For this reason, I need to live near a BART station. The most important factor is budget (obviously), but proximity to grocery stores and major restaurants would be wonderful. I'm also big music fan, so walking/biking distance of music venues is a bonus (there are tons around 16st/Mission and UNPlaza/Civic Center). Any suggestions? Thank you very much.

Also, a month's rent in Berkeley for a studio is 1000$, and I don't know much about rent rates in SF, so if it's significantly higher, then I might have to reconsider. Vague quotes would be much appreciated.

Answers

1
Gabriel Rojas’ answer
Believersneverdie149:

First, congratulations on getting into your Grad School program! That's a great thing.

You are right about the price differences between Berkeley/Oakland and San Francisco. They can be very different but that is not say that you won't be able to find something in SF with your current budget. Because your question doesn't state your budget I'll just stick to basics.

I would first suggest using Craig's List. That is our go-to resource for just about everything in SF and rentals are definitely no exception. If that doesn't work, there are plenty of rental/leasing agents or companies that can assist you. I have a rental division at my firm but they typically lean toward the luxury sector. I'm happy to refer you to some others if you'd like.

Wherever you end up, I wish you the best of luck in your upcoming program!

Gabriel