General Area in 11563>Question Details

Karen, Both Buyer and Seller in New York

Can your taxes be reduced if you remove a pool from your yard? If so, what is the process for applying for the tax reduction? And about how much would

Asked by Karen, New York Sat Nov 14, 2009

the reduction be in Lynbrook?

Help the community by answering this question:


An above ground pool requires a permit. I am not sure if the taxes are
increased for that. But an inground pool does raise your taxes and if you
take that out yes you can get a reduction.
Also Lynbrook has a Village, so you would have to take that up with the Village
Office in Lynbrook not Nassau County.
I hope this helps you
Camille Dandola
Charles Rutenberg Realty
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 14, 2009
Is it an inground pool? Nassau County's information regarding the application for a tax reduction may be found at (also try /arc) select assessment review. You may also call 516-571-2391.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 14, 2009
you can hire an attorney that will not charge you unless if he reduces your taxes.
best wishes
Joshua Zargari
your local licensed real estate agent
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Nov 20, 2009
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer