General Area in Columbia>Question Details

Erabac, Home Buyer in Columbia, MO

Can you recommend an area of Columbia for a single middle aged female. Price range under 175K?

Asked by Erabac, Columbia, MO Tue Dec 8, 2009

Answers

3
Certainly check the police reports, and keep in mind that the police report shows what has happened. I have found that some areas are a problem for awhile, and the bad guys move one to another part of town. So in many cases the crime rate is transient in nature. As for homes for a single woman in your price range there are lots of opportunities for you. Some basic questions, what part of town would be most convenient for you in relation to your work, other family (if any) and your recreational activities. Then you can begin to narrow it down. OF course if you don't have an agent I would love to help. Regardless good hunting.

Jack
You could start by asking sheriff dept. for local crime reports for certain area of the town, and decide for yourself.
Hope you come back to check this. It really depends what you want as far as location, age of home... I would personally recommend homes on 2 separate sides of town. The Georgetown subdivision is nice, and you can get almost any home there for under 175K. Homes there range from brand new to about 30 years old - but you have to be careful as to what section of the subdivision you purchase in (duplexes towards the back, and one block north of the entrance street.) There are also 2 subdivisions off of Lake of the Woods (south of I-70.) Off of Bull Run you will find newer homes, off Grace Lane you will find older ones (but a very safe community.) Bull Run will cost in the 150 range, the Grace Lane about 115. I personally would avoid anything north of I-70, with possibly the exception of the Vanderveen subdivision