General Area in Rohnert Park>Question Details

Stephan, Home Buyer in San Francisco, CA

Can you describe how Rohnert Park looks and feels for a person that has never lived here?

Asked by Stephan, San Francisco, CA Mon Apr 23, 2007

Do residents maintain their homes and lawns? Are there dramatic differences between different neighborhoods or zip codes? Is there a dominant architecture throughout the city?

Answers

6
Taylor Mason’s answer
When I think of Rohnert Park I think about the word CLEAN...

Rohnert Park is divided into sections, meaning A,B,C,D,E,G,H,and F section and for some odd reason value generally tends to go lowest to highest just like the alphabet.

if you want to get a better feel I would look on my website at all listings available and not just mine at

http://www.taylor-mason.com
Web Reference: http://www.taylor-mason.com
Rohnert Park is definitely beautiful. Each area is divided into sections, i.e. "M Section," "B Section," etc. And each section is built around a park and in most cases an elementary, middle or high school. I have lived here through most of my childhood and now with a family of my own I can't think of any other place to live. It is of few places I know I can feel comfortable letting my children ride their bikes around the park together. There is definitely a strong feeling of community and though SSU is located on the far west side, it is an atypical "college town" in that it is still very family based.
Rohnert Park to me is a very clean feeling. People tend to be friendly and is a great place to raise kids and at the same time plenty for adults to do near by. The homes all are pretty well kept.
It looks like suburbia. People for the most part maintain their homes and lawns. There are differences between homes built in different eras. There are 60's/70's type homes. And then late 80's and early 90's. Then we have homes built from '99 up with very small backyards. No dominant architecture throughout the city. I would go to W. Petaluma for that.
Rohnert Park is a newer community. It's roots trace back to the 1950s. It's a bedroom community with homes, parks, schools, and retail establishments (quite a few big box retailers exist).
Rohnert Park is a planned community that has experienced steady, appreciable growth over the past several decades. Neighborhoods are designated by subdivisions, for the most part, although each has unique features and characteristics. There is a strong sense of community in the city, despite it being renowned for commuters in the greater San Francisco Bay area. Residents take pride in home ownership and their neighborhood, and it shows in maintenance and improvement.