Stephan, Home Buyer in San Francisco, CA

Can you describe how Lighthouse Point looks and feels for a person that has never lived here?

Asked by Stephan, San Francisco, CA Mon Apr 23, 2007

Do residents maintain their homes and lawns? Are there dramatic differences between different neighborhoods or zip codes? Is there a dominant architecture throughout the city?

Answers

3
The City of Lighthouse Point is a small town located along the waterfront in Broward County, FL between Deerfield and Pompano Beach. Many of the homes in this attractive town are located on the water. . The city was named for the Hillsboro Inlet Lighthouse, which is located in nearby Hillsboro Beach. This community is tucked in between the Intracoastal Waterway and the commercial zone of Federal Highway, the residents enjoy a leisurely peace and life style.

Most neighborhoods are single family homes on streets that wind and twist with many cul-de-sacs in the 2.49 square mile community.

There are 18 miles of waterways, 13 miles of sidewalks/bike paths, and approximately 20 acres of parks and mini-parks. Local recreational amenities include the Lighthouse Point Tennis Center and Dan Witt Park for playing sports.
The beauty of Lighthouse Point is that it really does offer something for everyone. There is a wide variety of home types and styles. To me, the unique homes never cease to amaze me. I love that we do not have "cookie cutter" homes as seen in some communities. With a multicultural society, the common denominator is the love of the community. Residents really do have a sense of community here. While many of the residents are boaters, it is not a resident requirement. It has a small town feeling, but its close proximity to everything you could need, allows the perfect situation for all. I have raised my children here, and hope to retire in the very same house, because I do love it here!
The City of Lighthouse Point is small, along the waterways and peaceful. Homes and lawns are well kept and everyone has a boat. Almost all properties are within view of the water, since it is located along the west edge of the intracoastal with canals reaching into most of the steets.