General Area in 33908>Question Details

Ted Glynn Sr., Home Buyer in Rochester Hills, MI

Can someone tell me what the pros and cons would be with purchasing a condo from Harmony Pointe, Emerson Sq. vs. Portofino condos, Ft. Myers?

Asked by Ted Glynn Sr., Rochester Hills, MI Sun Nov 22, 2009

Answers

3
Ted, I'm a Michigan native who LIVES IN Emerson Square, and I can recommend it with a few considerations I'd be happy to share with you. The architectural style is more traditional Mediterranean, built by Centex. HOA fees for the ES condos are about $1360 per quarter. The location puts you about 6 miles closer to Florida Gulf Coast University, Coconut Point Mall, Bonita Beach, Naples and points south.

If you're more likely to want to shop and go to Fort Myers, consider Portofino, an Italian village-style community. It's close to the Minnesota Twins complex (and soon-to-be Boston Red Sox complex). It takes about the same amount of time to get to Fort Myers Beach or Sanibel from either community. HOA fees are about $1089 per quarter.

Your choice may come down to floor plans and value. I'd be glad to send you details on the options in both communities: feel free to contact me at 239-440-1069 or email bevlalonde@gmail.com.

Bev LaLonde
Southwest Florida Residential Specialist
Sellstate Select Realty
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 22, 2009
Hi Ted,

It truly is all a matter of personal taste. Emerson Square is a very nice community centrally located close to both Ft. Myers and Bonita Beaches and of course10 mile canal and mullet creek marina for fishing, boating, canoeing etc .... Portofino is also a very nice community with a Mediterranean feel and resort like atmosphere and ammenities. This is also centrally located about 20-25 mins to Fort Myers Beach and 10-15 minutes to the airport. Both would make a very nice home or seasonal residence . i suggest you visit both to get a feel for them. Feel free to contact me if you would like to visit them. Good Luck in your search!

Sandy
SandySaddleson@yahoo.com
Emerson is almost fully built out and is an extremely accessible location. Im not as familiar with Portofino so I do not want to comment on it. The two floor plans in Emerson are really nice and flow well.