General Area in Myrtle Beach>Question Details

Dedemia, Other/Just Looking in Myrtle Beach, SC

Can someone tell me what area has the best school district in Myrtle Beach. Also looking for very safe area,

Asked by Dedemia, Myrtle Beach, SC Wed Jun 3, 2009

nice community. Thinking about a move.

Answers

4
Hello. When I was looking to relocate my family to Myrtle Beach, which includes 3 small children, I had asked the same questions. I found that the Carolina Forest School District had the best report card. Since I purchased (over 5 years ago) that district has added a new elementary school, a new middle school, a fine arts building and also increased the size of the high school. The following link will help you determine this for yourself http://www.horrycountyschools.net/ . As far as "safe", the Carolina Forest area is filled with families who live in the many communities throughout. The following link will offer some insite on the area: http://www.myhomeinmyrtlebeach.com/HomesAuthenticated.aspx?t… . I hope this will help with your search and if I can help you in anyway, please feel free to contact me any time. Good Luck!!!
Dedemia,
Brunswick county has Great Schools! This is a very safe area in North Carolina right over the border of South Carolina in Calabash / Carolina Shores, 10 minutes from Myrtle Beach, and 5 minutes from beautiful Sunset Beach NC the area is nicknamed Yankee Stadium because of all the people from the Northeast in the town. Our home is for sale there, and it is a beautiful 2 year old custom built on Carolina Shores Golf Course with everything you could want. It has a beautiful coined brick front, hardy board sides. 10 ft ceilings throughout the house along with vaulted ceilings in large living room, presidential ceilings in master bedroom, vaulted ceilings in large 2nd bedroom, 10 ft in 3rd bedroom, triple crown molding, chair rails throughout the home, beautiful molding on double pained insulated windows, granite in living room built-ins, granite in kitchen along with custom cabinets, granite in double sink master bath along with jet tub, tiled sit down shower with spa water controls, granite in 2nd bath , hardwoods throughout and much more. You could not build this home for $299,900 in today’s economy closer to $400,000 here in the Carolinas, and probably closer to $650,000 in the Northeast. The community unlike a lot of others has beautiful mature trees in it. The POA fees are only $170 a year. The taxes are 1,100 a year and the amenities include clubhouse Olympic swimming pool tennis courts ,basketball courts, picnic areas, come on down and live in a real nice area where life isn’t so expensive and hectic. Here is our real estate broker Bonnie’s number;
(910)443-7634 cell (800)765-3203

Here is the Virtual Tour

http://www.visualtour.com/show.asp?t=2032214&prt=10003&a…
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 15, 2009
As Debbie pointed out, those are the two top concerns for anyone moving into a new community. Those of us who are responding as agents can direct you to the sources to find your answers. Anything else we provide is opinion and as agents in SC certain opinions we are not supposed to share.

Yep, there are communities and areas I avoid like the plague, but if my buyer wants to look at real estate there, I will show them the property. That is just how it is.

In the Myrtle Beach area we are fortunate to have some very good schools. Each one has its good and bad points. So to get a better view try the horry county schools website and also might want to check on line for some other sources.

As far as safety I would check the Myrtle Beach and Horry County police websites. There are also some independent sites for information. For the most part if you buy into a relatively new planned community you probably are not going to have any major crime issues.

Good luck with your relocation plans. As you can see there are plenty of real estate agents in the area willing to help you.
Hi Dedemia!

This is a #1 concern for parents and rightly so, however as a Realtor we always encourage our clients to do some research on their own and the Horry County school website is an excellent way of doing that:
http://www3.hcs.k12.sc.us/
My suggestion to you would be to drive around visiting some neighborhoods yourself. Visiting schools would also be a great idea, however classes are ending now so that probably wouldn't be helpful at this point.
If I can assist you further, please feel free to contact me directly at: dworkman@sccoast.net

Debbie Workman
(843)877-6120
Prudential Burroughs & Chapin Realty, Inc.