General Area in Accomac>Question Details

themarshalls3, Renter in Accomac, VA

Can i keep my daughter home from school if I am switching schools. She was assulted on friday and I am over this school.

Asked by themarshalls3, Accomac, VA Mon Feb 18, 2013

Answers

2
It is very scary for parents to put our children it the trust of others that are suppose to be caretakers of our most precious gift. I am sorry this happened to your child. I had a similar situation when my daughter was in 8th Grade in CT. My daughter had 2 months left of the school year left so moving schools at that point wasn't possible because our only choice was a private school. I made sure the child that assaulted her was not anywhere near her in her classes. Be sure to go to the school and speak with her teachers and school counselor about the situation. Do what ever you need to do for your child and be her advocate. Make sure she is being protected in every way possible. Press charges for the assault if warranted. Get her into something that will boost her self confidence and help her find something she really enjoys with other children with a common interest. Many times when our children act up at home it is because it is the only safe place they can blow off steam.I would be sure to get your daughter into counseling because this was traumatic for her and she may need help coping. As much as you may think your child tells you everything many times they hold back because they are embarrassed and don't want to disappoint you.

Best wishes for you and your family
Dear Marshalls;

It is best to ask those who make the decision what they think. No matter what we tell you, the school district may have a different opinion.

Best wishes,