General Area in Clayton>Question Details

H, Home Buyer in San Jose, CA

Can homes in Clayton, CA be easily rented? Any restrictions to renting out single family homes in Clayton?

Asked by H, San Jose, CA Tue May 6, 2008

I noticed that most people who live in Clayton are homeowners. Are there any rental codes or restrictions preventing people from renting out their homes in Clayton? Is there a market for renters who want to live in this nice town?

Answers

2
Hi, I live in Clayton and it is a fantastic town to live in. I don't know of any specific rental restrictions on single family homes and yes, the demand seems to be brisk in Clayton. Good schools. Fantastic atmosphere.
Web Reference: http://www.diablovalley.net
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue May 6, 2008
One thing I do know is that the condominiums built by Presley in 1996 are trying to change their homeowners association rules to limit the percentage of rentals allowed since it has caused problems for people trying to purchase condos (probably FHA?) because the lender will not carry the loan if there are too many rentals in the complex.