General Area in Hayward>Question Details

Frootyloops, Renter in Hayward, CA

Can anyone suggest an appartment complex or area in Hayward. Looking for safe and clean. Studio or 1 br. Thanks!

Asked by Frootyloops, Hayward, CA Sun Oct 3, 2010

New job by 92 and Industrial and seeking studio or one bedroom apartment. only me and focusing on a clean and safe complex. or alternative ideas. or if there is any areas to look or avoid. sounds like many are a bit sketchy with lots of crime. thanks

Answers

4
Thanks all. Budget up to 1200, no pets or smoking, top tier credit. Prof just looking for place to sleep when in town.
Feel free to send any ideas.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 3, 2010
Welcome to Hayward! I've found the Bridgeport complex near 92 on Kay Ave/Stanhope Ln to be very nice. I lived there a few years ago and felt completely safe as a single woman at the time. Security buildings with gated carports, nice pool and clubhouse, clean and nicely maintained grounds. The best place to look for rentals is craigslist.org. What is your budget? Do you have pets? Good credit...?
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 3, 2010
Hi Frootyloops, you'll have to check with the local police and sheriffs departments for safety data. It's not really legal for agents to offer opinions on this.

By the way, if you could use a referral for a GREAT agent for Hayward let me know -- use the trulia contact form. I have an associate I can refer you to who is highly experienced with that area and surrounding towns.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 3, 2010
Keep in mind that real estate professionals are prohibited from “steering”—enticing a buyer to purchase, or not, in specific neighborhoods, therefore considering doing some homework of your own first--do visit a neighborhood more than once and at different times of day, look at everything that is important to you, possibly chat with locals, etc.--for any safety concerns--do visit the local police department, they are your best source of accurate and up to date information, ask all your questions and hear all firsthand--then make your determination, will your comfort level be reached.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 3, 2010