General Area in Johnsburg>Question Details

Sarah, Other/Just Looking in Chicago, IL

Can anyone provide insight to what it is like to live in Johnsburg, IL? My husband and I are looking at a house in the area.

Asked by Sarah, Chicago, IL Wed Aug 18, 2010

Answers

3
Johnsburg has a Parks and Recreation department. My children were very involved in soccer and baseball through the local leagues. There are baseball, softball, soccer and football leagues for kids of all ages. We have many parks in Johnsburg, two of the parks have baseball & soccer fields, basketball courts and playground equipment. We also have walking and bike paths. We have been very happy with the recreational activities in Johnsburg.
Thanks so much for the response! As much as I have tried to research Johnsburg there just isn't that much information out there about the area. I really appreciate your insight. We don't have kids yet, but schools and parks are definitely a factor in our search. Does Johnsburg have a park district or did you mostly utlizize the neighboring towns park districts for activites? Thanks again!
I have been lucky enough to call Johnsburg, Home, for the past 13 years ... Unfortunately it does not have a park district, however, you are able to use McHenry's PD, but pay out of district rates. hope this helps!
Flag Mon Aug 4, 2014
It is funny you should ask. My husband and I moved here 21 years ago from the Northwest suburbs and we have been very happy here. I have two children that attended the Johnsburg schools. We moved from a highly rated school district and we are very happy with the education our children received in the Johnsburg schools. My husband and I liked the area so much that we bought property in Johnsburg and opened up a new home community called Running Brook Farm where we build single family homes, town homes and maintenance free homes. Over the years that we have lived here Johnsburg has grown, with new shopping and restaurants, but that hasn't changed the nice country feel that we really enjoy. We also enjoy being so close to all of the recreational areas that are nearby, Glacial Trails, the Chain O' Lakes, Moraine Hills State Park and many other recreational areas. There is no better location for boating, fishing, hiking, horse back riding and biking. I would highly recommend moving to Johnsburg.