General Area in Poughquag>Question Details

Striesand, Home Buyer in 12533

Can anyone give me info about Dalton Farms? There is an association fee what does the fee cover. Is the community active like say Four Corners?

Asked by Striesand, 12533 Fri May 4, 2012

Answers

3
Dalton Farms is a wonderful community which has many amenities. Pool, Tennis Courts, Basketball Court, Nature Trails, Play Ground and a Club House. The Club house, also known as the Roosevelt House, was the former home of Franklin Delano Roosevelt, Jr. Here residents meet for Book Club, Wednesday morning coffee, Mahjong Club and Seasonal Parties. The HOA fees are quite reasonable. Single Family Homes - $147 monthly which cover Pool Services, Ground Maintenace of Common Areas, Snow plowing of the private roads and General Accounting Services. The Townhouses are a bit higher - $163 which includes the above as well as the mowing of your lawn. Dalton Farms has it's own website: http://www.daltonfarm.org which you can refer to or give me a call. I can speak volumes about Dalton since I have been a resident for over 17 years.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Lois Slaughter
Licensed Real Estate Sales Associate
Prudentialserls Prime Properties
845 242-7444
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 5, 2012
I am familiar with both communities and can offer some pespective.

Four Corners has a substantial indoor and outdoor recreation center. Indoor basketbal court/gym, seperate room for fitness equipment, a theater that can seat maybe 10-15 people, billiards, lounge, sauna's, the works essentially. Outdoor offers two pools, basketball, tennis and two playgrounds (one on the other side of the community). It was built with a community mind-set meaning there are sidewalks throughout and the homes are perhaps a little closer together than other communities in Dutchess County. The homes first went up in 2005 and most are stunning. There is also new construction now being offered by Tolls Bros. But I think the better values right now are the resales. All homes are single family detached and mainly colonial in floor plan.

Dalton Farms began in the 1990's and offered a mix of large scale modern colonials to smaller single family homes, and even townhomes. It has something for everyone. It's amenities offer a pool, small clubhouse, and a couple of tennis and playgrounds dispersed throughout this much larger community. Very close by on Recreation Road is the Town of Beekman park which has a gorgeous lake and tons of outdoor activites. There are no sidewalks at Dalton.

Even though Dalton does not offer as many recreational amenities as Four Corners, there is a trade off in the monthly HOA fees. Of course you get what you pay for, so the monthly fees at FC are somewhere around $220-$230 these days including private garbage. Last I checked Dalton was under $200 and that fee varies depending on where you live in the community and what type/size home which is the usually way most developments determine how much a homeowner is required to pay. Depending on where are in Dalton, you may still need to mow your own lawn. In Four Corners, cutting the grass is not included in the monthly fee.

If you would like further info, feel free to call me 914-714-2127.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 5, 2012
I live in Dalton Farm and would like to talk to you. I have a video on Dalton Farm, go to DaltonFarmMarketWatch.com
Nancy Keller:Associate Broker
http://www.NancyKeller.com
Flag Tue Sep 3, 2013
Here is the web link for the HOA there:
http://www.daltonfarm.org/Default.aspx
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 5, 2012