General Area in Caldwell>Question Details

DG, Home Buyer in North Arlington, NJ

Caldwell NJ townhouse property taxes

Asked by DG, North Arlington, NJ Tue May 26, 2009

I have been looking at 2 bd 2 ba condos and townhomes in Caldwell, NJ around Roseland Ave. I like the neighborhood and the proximity to NYC buses since I commute to NY everyday. However, I find the property taxes extremely high, what is the reason for this?

Answers

6
Caldwell taxes are high, but the location and school system are very good. Taxes in New Jersey are generally higher than most other States. Once you own a property and if the assessment is too high than you can file an appeal of the tax assessment. There is no such thing as appealing the taxes just the assessment. The questions you should ask yourself is: Do I like the location? Does the property and location appeal to all or most of my needs? How does it compare to other properties in other areas I am considering?
Kevin Burkhardt - C-21 Cedarcrest Realty (Realtor associate and certified residential appraiser) Contact info on my website.
Web Reference: http://www.realtyinside.com
Property taxes will only go up. Let's take a look at other towns that fit your criteria, with a lower tax base.
Direct 201-247-9977.
Taxes in the West Essex area have been in the high side. Caldwell is part of the West Essex area, The schools are excellent and the town has wonderful resources. Close proximity to all major highways, public trans to NYC and great parks and shopping...Just part of NJ high taxes in general..Hope this helps..Helene Harrison Weichert Realtors W.Caldwell office...cell 973-714-8975
Get involved politically. Speak with local Elected officials about why their taxes are high...Take the initiative. You are on the right path to home ownership/air space. "GOOD QUESTION".

Hint: Gov. Jon S. Corzine and Republicans alike.

Hint: "the cost of local government is high."Example: municipalities, counties and schools

Resolve,"layers of Gov."

Further resolve, after closing on a home, property tax are subject to change (increase). hmm
The property taxes in Essex County are high. The developments I think you are looking at , Lions Gate and Park Glenn do have low mtce fees. You may want to visit some other developments with easy cummuting to NYC in Morris county and also Union county and compare. Morris and Union will be lower but the mtce may vary with the amenities in the complex.

If I can answer any other questions ,please email me directly. I do alot of work in the townhouse developments in Essex, Union and Morris counties.

Carol Eisenstein
Prudential New Jersey Properties
email carol.eisenstein@prudentialnewjersey.com
The TAXES have been evaluated and the RATE has been determined by the town! If you are considering a Condo, you can appeal the taxes of that property once you have purchased it!