General Area in 90403>Question Details

Brett Daniels, Real Estate Pro in Los Angeles, CA

CA RE Brokerage Exam Prep Course

Asked by Brett Daniels, Los Angeles, CA Sun Dec 7, 2008

Preparing for the CA RE Brokerage Exam. Have been licensed and practicing agent since mid 1990s. Many of the old firms have come and gone. Anyone take the brokerage exam lately? Recommend a prep course, book, etc that is worthwhile?

Answers

5
Hi Brett - A few people in my office are using Kaplan Schools to prep for the broker exam. You can take all 8 required courses plus the exam review day before the actual exam. Hope this helps.
Thank you everyone for your responses. Passed first time out. Used the CD Series from Allied Schools. http://www.alliedschools.com/

Began 30 days early. Did one chapter daily, the CD and the study book together. Reviewed at the end. It seemed to prepare me.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 4, 2012
I would seriously recommend avoiding Executive Programs. As of the date of this post, their prep questions are way out of touch with the actual content on the exam. Also, their online study portal went down today and they claimed that, with it being Saturday, it's not likely that they can find someone who would be able to fix the problem. That's totally unconscionable for a real estate exam prep course provider - the weekend is when most of their students are going to need to be assured access to their study material. Saying that you cannot troubleshoot your website because it is Saturday is like saying you cannot have a waiter in a restaurant because it is after 5:30pm. Executive Programs - two very big thumbs down.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 5, 2011
Hi Brett,

There are many online places that you can use that are great. I used Californialicense.com and passed the first time. However, if you're looking to become a broker because you need a firm, contact us at Keen Agents. We are an e-brokerage and only charges 25% up to a MAX of $1000 per transaction! If you'd like more info, email me at kyle@keenagents.com.

Kyle
Web Reference: http://www.keenagents.com
Try Executive Programs. You can do it online in your PJ's