General Area in Branson>Question Details

DCinFWB, Real Estate Pro in Niceville, FL

Branson area or Lake of the Ozarks?

Asked by DCinFWB, Niceville, FL Fri Jul 25, 2008

Im floundering on a decision to make a move to either Branson or the Lake of the Ozarks. Any advice or opinions as to why one location may be better than the other? Im a bass fisherman and outdoor enthusiast so I need to be on or near the water.

Answers

7
Branson is the place! If fishing is your passion, you could not find a more perfect location. There are so many choices too. With three lakes, and the most preistine creeks and streams. This is a fisherman's paradise. I have lived here for over 40 years. I have built some houses around Lake of the Ozarks back in the 80's. I think the Branson area offers so much more variety. From the Mark Twain National Forest, The Chadwick ATV and Motorcycle recreation area, We have such a variety to choose from. Golf, hunting whitetail deer, fishing for Trout on Taneycomo, Catfish on the James River, Walleye, and white Bass on Boal Shoals, Largemouth Bass on Tablerock, Buffalo National River is just 45 minutes away, and some of the best Creeks and streams that harbor the fun to catch Small Mouth Bass. Branson and the surrounding area is a key loction to consider for any outdoorsman.
As you can tell from most of the posts the clear winner is Branson and I concur and will also be making it my retirement homes area in just a few years. I have owned property in Branson and the Lake of the Ozarks and to me there is very little comparison. The Lake Ozark area is centered around the lake with little else to do except play golf. The cost of housing is also considerably higher there.
Branson on the other hand is truly becoming the newest city in MO. Short of the the historic area of downtown, most of the the areas older properties and theaters have been replaced with large facilities that caters to the tourists and locals alike. As you mentioned that you are a fisherman, some of the best fishing in the country can be had in Branson and northern Arkansas. When you get tired of fishhing for bass you can try your hand at trout and I'll bet you have as much fun doing that as you do stalking bass.
From a real estate investment perspective, Branson will have great opportunities in the very near future as the new airport will be completed soon and it will further the interest of others in coming to Branson to live and contribute to the expended commercial development. Cost of living is low as are the taxes. Medical facilities have also undergone huge changes in anticipation of the coming demand for care.
You won't be sorry if you make the choice for Branson, but you might be if you go Lake O. Be sure to check out areas like Hollister, West Branson, Kimberling City and Reed Springs as they are close by and are wonderful areas as well.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 7, 2008
Branson is the place ! You will see that it has 3 Lakes to choose from ,and you will find that Branson area lakes are less congested . There is a lot of Shore line going from Branson to down in Arkansas ,and over to Eagle Rock ,Golden , Shell Knob ,and Cape Fair. There is also a lot of Wildlife if you like to hunt. They are opening a Commercial Airport just south of Branson which should continue to help Branson Grow at a healthy pace. If you would like any additional information just let me know.
The best bass fishing I have heard about is in Southern Texas where hurricane Ike is right now. Lake of the Ozarks is a great bass fishing lake and so is Bull Shoals and Table Rock Lake which are by Branson. You need to go fishing with a guide on each of the three and decide for yourself and I can get you some connections for that if you would like. Steve
Web Reference: http://www.ozarksagent.com
Branson! The development boom down there is only going to make the area an even better investment than it already is. With the opening of the Branson Landing, the Convention Center and all the new business growth the area is ready to take off! Check out the latest article from 417 Magazine on the new airport and indoor waterpark going in. http://www.417mag.com. And if you're not into all the "hustle and bustle" of the actual Branson area, there are plenty of surrounding communties that offer a quieter lifestyle (Kimberling City, Shell Knob, etc)
BRANSON! with all the growth and the worldwide attention it receives, what a great investment....
Branson (Tri-Lakes area) and Lake of the Ozarks are vastly different areas. Both lake areas look similar, however, Lake of the Ozarks is not a Corp of Engineers lake, and does have direct access to the lake if you own waterfront property. Elevation 660 is where the water touches the land, and that elevation is usually you back property line. You own private dock is permitted by Ameren UE which is the electrical generation entity that runs Bagnell Dam. Lots of waterfront condos here, as well as many private second residences. Only about 10% year round occupancy. Big boats and power boats on the weekends, so most fishing is done during the week. A great location for year-round living. Call me at: Jim Handel, Al Elam Real Estate 800.356.2311 for more info.